Sign in to follow this  
Peter de Bruin

F33 Bonanza's nosewheel is frozen

Last week I decided to expand my hangar with another plane of Corenado, the F33 Bonanza. I have the Cessna 172 Skyhawk and the 208 Grand Caravan and love them although there are a number of annoying items with both of them to be honest. Anyway having seen the F33 in use with the Angel of Attack VFR training I decided to buy it as it has a fully equipped instrument panel. for the next step IFR lessons. However after installation I saw that the nose wheel does not move at all. Removed the aircraft and did a new installation in a clean FSX with sp2 environment and installed also the F33BONANZAFSXSERVICEPACK on my Windows7 - 64 bit system although not neccesary as my download is only a week old. The nose wheel remains frozen when taxing around ! Have not seen a solution in the forum so maybe I have done something wrong or it could well be the nose wheel steering only works with pedals. I work with a Saitek Yoke and have Autorudder engaged as I do not have pedals. Would be nice to hear of a solution for this issue or possible sugestions.

The Bonanza's nosewheel moves together with the rudder on my system. Try using the keyboard keys for the rudder and see what happens.. Also do you have advanced animations checked? Lastly, have a look in this forum for a number of little enhancementsthat make this airplane really nice Applause.gif

Bert

Thank you Bert for your advice. When I checked the advanced animation to ON the pilot became alive which is nice ! Then the Up,Down, Right and Left arrow keys do respond nicely but not the front wheel interaction. This remains pointing straight forward when taxiing around. Meanwhile I made a copy of the install B58 file and moved it to another older second system with XP to test the Baron turning capabilities. Selecting the Baron after the standard plane body parts of the airplane are gone and you look straight trough the front of the cabin. Also the front wheel remains fixed when moving around on this second system. Checked also the Advanced anmation as adviced and had to steer with the arrow keys as I had no Yoke there. Anyway same results ! As nobody is complaining about it in the Baron B58 forum I guess it must be something with my WS-7 system. Strangly enough is that another XP system has the same anomaly . Further I earlier checked the forum for some of the offered enhancements.... Changed the APilot - heading and hold improvement. AP_PANEL_HEADING-HOLD and replace the Air file to improved Stall and take-off functions. Thank you and your colleageas for all your efforts and support in making this great airplane the best there is. Peter

The keyboard keys for the rudder are not the arrow keys... on my system, they are the Enter and Ins keys on the keypad.. Check your key assignments to see what they are on yours!

Bert

You are right Bert, when connecting two keyboard keys to the RUDDER YAW the front wheel turns with rudder movement. ( I had to take two other keys instead of Enter and Ins key as they are used for EzDok Camera ) For the sake of experiment I changed the yoke X-axis ( the Ailerons ) to the Rudder Yaw in order to see what would happen with the nose wheel in combination with Rudder and Ailerons.. as I need R&A both in flight. Outcome: Rudder left and Right action through the newly experimental assigned yoke function moves the nose wheel and Rudder but the aileron movement is now lost as expected. So the yoke X-function remains to the Ailerons with the AUTORUDDER Checked ON for coordinated flight. Now I would think that the Check ON in the box of the REALISM - Flight Controls / AUTO RUDDER function would solve the lack of pedals for the nose wheel.. For the MSFX stock planes this is the case and also for my two other planes from Carenado, the C172 and the C208 Caravan. But not for the B58 Baron and the F33A Bonanza were nose wheel is frozen. For those two planes in order to see front wheel steering I need to buy pedals and assign those to Rudder Yaw seems to be the logical conclusion for now. Maybe I should invest in such hardware but which is best CH-Products or Saitek hardware ? Had years ago CH pedals in FS2004 but always trouble with the brake function and gave up. maybe you have some insight on this ? Like to thank you Bert for cracking this mystery of the frozen front wheel. Peter

Hi Peter, glad you have it figured out! I've got a pair of Saitek Combat Pedals which are verysturdy and do the job nicely. They look similar to the pedalson the 737 NG. My yoke is a CH USB yoke. The pedals were ordered at Amazon.com.

Bert

Bert, Thanks for your advice- ordered the Sitek pro Pedals 97 Euro that is about 145 dollars locally through Pixmania.com