Sign in to follow this  
Rekyht

What would you expect from this PC?

Hey guys, Just wanted to know what kinda frames you'd expect to see from this PC (It's the one I have, I'm just intrigued as to what people think I should be getting from a system like this.) http://www.overclock...id=1270&subcat= In FSX, with a few addons like Active Sky, REX, the NGX and some scenery really. The NGX looks awesome, and I can't wait to get it, but if I can't get decent frames then it's not really worth the effort! Cheers, Tom Cahill

It'd be excellent. Most i7s will work pretty damn well, but if you wanted to have even more performance you could get a i5 2500K or i7 2600K and OC it to 4.5GHz+.

Seems pretty silly to me going for the old X58 platform, the Sandy Bridge i much better, go the i5 2500k as the only difference is hyper-threading which FSX and many other programs get slowed down by.

The thing is though, this is what I have atm, I just wanted to post to get an idea of the performance people think I should get, because I can guarantee I'm not getting it. I can boot up FSX at a default airport with a PMDG plane, ASE and REX textures and get in the region of a very unsmooth 10 - 20 FPS. This system should be able to get more than that right? Tom C

(full names here, dude).
Yeah sorry, I thought I had it in my signature, well it is now.From that I wouldn't actually expect that much. Correct me if I am wrong but it has a GT 430 in it. Has no OS either. I recommend going down the custom route, I did and it did me well.