Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Livery Manager acting up

As per the topic title... Added a SAA livery to the manager, it installed perfectly. Flew the aircraft, all went well and then i shut down the sim to install some other liveries. Selected 800NGX WL as with the SAA livery, clicked on "Select Livery to Install", added the Delta .ptp file, it decompressed the livery but messed up the aircraft.cfg file. I checked the aircraft.cfg file and the first entry was [fltsim.0] which is the PMDG livery, but the second one, the delta i just added (at the end of the file) became [fltsim.2], and the SAA livery was gone. Tried restoring the default aircraft.cfg file, repeated process: First livery installs, second and third and so on always mess up as described.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have a small issue to with the manager. It insist on installing 900wl liveries in with the 900.but, What a addon!!!!

Yeah the model looks superb. Simply amazing 3D cockpit as well, even if the 2D is just "ok" :) Meanwhile, i added the liveries manually, the PMDG and SAA liveries are working perfectly, the Air Berlin and Kulula liveries have no fans in the engines. Triple checked config, all is fine. EDIT: The issue is not caused by the livery manager. Loaded FSX, loaded the Air Berlin -800WL aircraft and the fans do show. If i select ANOTHER livery for the same model in the FSX aircraft select screen, the fans don't show again, whatever the livery. If i select a -900 livery and then any -800WL livery again, fans are again displayed. Reselect another -800WL livery, fans gone, etc.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Redownloading the liveries again/setting the config files to read/write fixed the issues with the livery manager as per new instructions. The jet engine fan problem is still there. Load up any model, then select another livery of the same model and fans vanish.

Hmm, I have a problem too... when i have installed 1 liverie at the 800WL version, everything works fine, but if I want to install a second, the first AND the second are away, and the aircraft.cfg is just with the pmdg livery. I have "repaired" the 737 3 times with the installer, but nothing happens sad.png but althoug only with one liverie at time the best aircraft EVER! EDIT: Could I instal the liveries without the liverie manager?? Only with copying and edeting some lines in the aircraft.cfg?

Apparently, after reading the manuals a bit more, you cannot load an aircraft and change livery "just like that". Either select the livery you want and go fly, or select another aircraft prior to re-selecting the same one with another livery. Awkward and annoying but ok...