Sign in to follow this  
petlon

VRInsight MCP Combo II (Boeing Style)

Hi, I have just bought the new MCP Combo II. The device is recognized by LINDA on COM3, there are no errors in the LINDA console, all modules are loaded - but the Combo does not work at all. Nor with FSX standard airplane neither with the iFly 737. Not a single knob or switch is working. It seems it is completely different from the old model ? Any help or tricks ? Cheers, Peter

Peter, I'm not sure about what is the difference between MCP1 and MCP2 in their internal design and logic. If everything will go ok, then LINDA will support the new combo in the nearest future. Wait for the announcement.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi petlon. I just received my mcp combo boeing style. Can I ask you if you managed to install it without problems ? I don't understand how to use it with the defaut boeing. Trying to install the panel .ini file but there is non MCP II Boeing option in the Panel installator. Can you help me ? Thanks in advance (and sorry for eventuals mistakes...english isn't my motherlangage) !Cedric

Cedric, just install from the Installation-CD SerialFP2\setup.exe .This installs SerialFP2 and VRISim. Don't forget to check 'Install USB Serial Driver' !See also the Installation section in the manual. Peter

Hi Peter, Thanks for your prompt reply, but: when trying to use the "Panel Installer" I don't have the MCP-II Boeing in the menu choice (containing VRinsight devices like MCP-Combo, CDU II etc). In the manual it's written that you should select MCP-II Boeing, but I don't have that item, only the MCP-Combo (I think the 1 version)...... If you have a suggestion.... Cheers Cedric

Hi Cedric, havn't tried out the panel installer yet. But what I can see is that the list of choices within the panel installer comes from the Panel.ini file within the SerialFP2 folder. Try to add enties for the combo II in that way:under [Panel.Name] add 'Panel11=MCP-II Boeing' and under [Panel.ID] add 'Panel11=MCP2B' .No clue whether or not this helps but I would give it a try. Greetings from the raining Germany Peter

Hi Peter, Sorry for all my questions...and if you want we can discuss about that problem via email.... I'm surprised that you never use the Panel installer as it is obligatory for using the MCP-Combo II Boeing version with all the default aircrafts and level-d 767 and PMDG 737 + 747, as stated in the docs !! How did you managed to use it without the Panel installer ?!!I also have my device recognised in LINDA but absolutely nothing is active, nor in LINDa nor in the simulator (as you, that was your question to Artem). Greetings....a sunny day in Geneva ;-) Cedric PS: my email adresse looks like: a c h 0 3 8 6 AT g m a i l . c o m