Sign in to follow this  
EOS

all glass panels freeze on new view creation

For me the panel freeze seems to be only all the glass panels (inboard/outboard/center/lower). It happens when I add a new view, for example the right wing view. The moment I make the view the CDU's dont update anymore. All the knobs, levers, switches, throttles seem to work just fine. Cycling the view mode doesn't help but when I close the new viewport and then cycle the view modes the CDU's pop back to life. I sometimes use an alternative view to see my own takeoff and landing from the passenger perspective. Tried it at various locations and with both 800 and 900 series. For now I just don't make extra viewports. Regards,Edwin Osterloh My system:Core i7 950 stock speed - Ati 6970 GPU - 12GB DDR3 memory - SSD harddrive - W7 x64 - no addon's except for PMDG 747, MD11, JS41 and the 737NGX - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and CH Pedals

It is because FSX reports you are "elsewhere" so we suppress heavy duty display update (since they are "not" shown) for FPS economies. Of course you ARE there and in reality FSX reports FUBAR.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

So that means I can never fly with a second viewport opened, thats a bummer. What I do is: I make the new viewport put it to the side and then make the main viewport active again, have 50+ FPS at EHAM with both viewports open so performance isn't much of an issue here. Regards, Edwin Osterloh My system:Core i7 950 stock speed - Ati 6970 GPU - 12GB DDR3 memory - SSD harddrive - W7 x64 - no addon's except for PMDG 747, MD11, JS41 and the 737NGX - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and CH Pedals

Yes you can. Make sure the proper one is active (the second one will display the scenery or whatever you wish it to display). I don't know why I should be looking at my wing while taking off but hey if you like it go for it.

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Come on Van, it because looking over the wing ensures you track straight down the runway and don't get a tail strike at rotation. Wow I thought you would know that. Tounge.gif I know... I know... back under my rock.