Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

AutoLand 2, 3, Dual land etc.

Hello everyone. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could kindly guide me to which manual and where in it is located the information about how to correctly engage the autoland system. I am very used to the MD-11 now and it is completely different. The 737NGX manual is very large and I'm having trouble locating the information regarding Full Autoland. Thanks Tom Norton

I'm sure the guys will find that up for you one time no worries Hug.gifThe guys on here are like Ninja assassins, they come out of no where with a solution.And if they can't find one, They "Release the Kraken"Ryan is the Kraken btw.Look at that guy below.Ninja Assassin, crawling on the forum walls and stuff, makes me proud, and he did it with such professionalism, all full stops.If that wasn't epic enough he was kind enough to say (Thats where it starts) Which sets a mood, stuff like that make me a proud AVSIM member.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Thank you very much. I am loving everything about the new 737NGX. It is unbelieveably relastic and fun to fly. It is everything I've been hoping and waiting for! Thanks so much for making it PMDG, its truly a treasure. I was very impressed with the 69.99 price tag too. I would have paid 99.99 for it.Best regards

Thank you very much. I am loving everything about the new 737NGX. It is unbelieveably relastic and fun to fly. It is everything I've been hoping and waiting for! Thanks so much for making it PMDG, its truly a treasure. I was very impressed with the 69.99 price tag too. I would have paid 99.99 for it. Best regards
If a real NG ever got into a fight with the NGX the NG would shoot itself.Quite unfortunate.The NGX, personally is more realistic than that of the real NG anyway, so it never had a chance.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Help me : Operations manual 2 starting page 676ILS approach criteria requirements are satisfied when:•Both VHF navigation receivers tuned to an ILS frequency, and•VHF #1 or VHF #2 localizer deviation is less than approximately ¼ dot and glideslope deviation is less than approximately 1 and ¼ dots for at least five seconds and•The difference between the airplane’s magnetic track and the captain’s selected course is less than 15 degrees, and•Radio altitude is greater than 500 feet.Note:Once these criteria have been satisfied, subsequent deviations outside the criteria prior to AIII mode selection, will result in a loss of ability to select the AIII mode.Automatic AIII mode arming requirements are satisfied when:•PRI or IMC mode selected, and•all required systems operating normally (AIII capable), and•ILS frequency tuned on VHF NAV receiver No. 1 or No. 2, and•radio altitude is greater than 500 feet, and•TOGA mode not active. Huh , Both ILS into the NAV or one ?! What the hell ?!

18gglz.jpg Unbelievable... What I would usually do back in the 747-8i is to tune the VHF NAV 2 to the nearest VOR station and NOT with the same ILS frequency... That's the reason I'm not able to make a dual AP autoland...

Ok i got it: For an automatic Landing with Autopilots (Land 3) and with HGS installed: LAND 3 with both Autopilots (ok, both F/D on, both Course tuned in and so on....)Chosse: IMC Mode in HUD PanelARM IIIEnter Rwy elvEnter Rwy lengthBoth NAVS : ILS Freq. hudk.jpg For an manual LandingPRI Mode in HUD PanelARM III....Just 1 ILS Freq locked ?!

Ok i got it: For an automatic Landing with Autopilots (Land 3) and with HGS installed: LAND 3 with both Autopilots (ok, both F/D on, both Course tuned in and so on....)Chosse: IMC Mode in HUD PanelARM IIIEnter Rwy elvEnter Rwy lengthBoth NAVS : ILS Freq. hudk.jpg For an manual LandingPRI Mode in HUD PanelARM III....Just 1 ILS Freq locked ?!
Why use the HUD when doing an autoland? Assuming you are landing in low visibility/IMC weather conditions. In my opinion, HUD landing is only done when visibility is good and you are performing a MANUAL landing.