Sign in to follow this  
xenonguy

Fs2004 hangs momentarily while loading a flight

This problem is driving me nuts. It started a few months ago and I was hoping it would be a registry problem. I have wiped my whole system clean, freshly installed WinXP Pro, and installed Fs2004 new. No addons have been installed yet. After pressing Fly Now, the loading bar appears but FS9 hangs up. Windows task manager shows FS9 not responding, then after 20 or 30 seconds it recovers and the flight loads. I am running an AMD system with 4gig of ram and an ATI 1950 Pro video card. Could this be a CCC problem? Please help. I need to fly and am going thru withdrawls!

My system never did this before a few months ago even with a TON of addons installed. I don't know what I changed and I thought it would go away with a freshly wiped system. I am exploring the CCC driver direction right now.

After a fresh winXP install and a fresh FS9 install, the problem seems to be the 9.1 update. However, like before, once the problem starts happening I can't get rid of it even by uninstalling and reinstalling FS9. I don't have time to keep reformatting my drives. If someone else is having this same problem, I beg you to help. I can't wait 15 to 20 minutes for a flight to load..........

I think I figured it out. I did another fresh install of WinXP. Then a fresh FS9 install. Nothing else. The problem IS the 9.1 update. Uninstalling the update and cleaning the registry (both manually and with Wise Cleaner) didn't clear it from the registry. The nightmare is over, I hope. Now I have to install a mountain of addons! Does anyone know af a way to get the bridge updates that are in 9.1 without the update?