Sign in to follow this  
rdb

Feature request and bug report from the right seat

Dear PMDG Team, I rarely say this, but this time i feel i have to: you've done magnificent job! I'm very picky about sim airliners, but from what i've seen so far it looks like you've put so much effort to model all the details in NGX that i'm simply amazed. I hope you're all proud of yourselves cause you should be. For some time now i had my throttle quadrant fixed to the left of my yoke to simulate i'm flying as an FO. For a change and for fun i guess. While flying NGX from VC set on the right seat, i've noticed a couple of things you may be interested in fixing or adding. Let's start off with possible bugs i've noticed (correct me if i'm wrong): 1. FIX page on right CDU doesn't accept entries until an entry is made on left CDU first. I've recorded a short video to show you what i mean (best to watch HD):

2. On some occasion i was getting strange behaviour from CDU when trying to find navigation aids in INIT -> NAVDATA. When putting valid VOR or NDB identifier into the scrachpad and then upselecting into 1R i got something like " FMC PIN PROBLEM" or " FMC PIN ERROR" at 1L with everything else on the screen blank. Selecting 1L and then coming back to INIT page selecting NAVDATA 1R is impossible resulting in the same error. In other words you can't even access NAVDATA page after this error shows up. I'm almost sure it's only for right CDU. I can't replicate this bug right now after a quick takeoff, but i'll try to watch for it on my next flights and possibly record another video. 3. Key commands in PMDG Setup are not accepted from right CDU. This is nowhere noted in the Introduction pdf and i almost went looking for a possibly conflicting addon module before i tried it on the left CDU. 4. It is written in the Introduction pdf that holding the MENU key on a cold and dark plane will give you access to PMDG Setup and FS Actions. That is correct and works as intended. However i can't seem to get the CDU to turn off the same way (holding MENU key). And now for some feature requests. They don't seem to take a lot of additional code to implement but would greatly enhance the experience when flying from the right seat: 1. An option to turn off left hand side screens. Feeling a little discriminated sitting on the right seat with the only possible option being to turn off MY screens ;) 2. An option to display terrain data on the right ND only. 3. Some kind of workaround to the FSUIPC axis calibration incompatibility would be nice. I can't calibrate my throttle properly using non-FSUIPC methods as i always end up having no 100% idle and 100% full power range. I've tried different assignments in FSUIPC (direct and non-direct) and it doesn't work with NGX AT the way it should. That's it for now happy.pngLooking to hear from you,F/O wannabe LOL.gif

Regards,

Radek

One more thing... Keyboard entry into CDU (holding TAB key) is only possible on Captain side.

Regards,

Radek