Sign in to follow this  
FAR

HUGS/HUD guide

Hey guys.I have been reading the NGX manuals on the HUGS/HUD system. But i don't seem to understand it properly.There is IMC, VMC Aiii and so on. Could some one tell me how it works in theese 3 different mods?I know how to setup the hugs with runway length and elevation. I guess that Aiii is autoland?But how does IMC and VMC work?

Regards

Martin Pedersen (DK)

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 I7 930 2.8GHZ (OC 4.0GHZ) 3x2Gb 1333 Mhz Kingston HyperX Nocthua NHD14

Well, as you might guess, VMC is for visual approaches. No FD guidance here and not much of navigational information I believe. IMC is especially for automatic landings and also shows approach data just like AIII, also the speed readouts are all digital and raw data, no tapes here. AIII is not "autoland", no. In fact the HUD doesn't have much to do with it in general, you can just autoland with or without HUD. AIII is more when you like to hand fly her into adverse weather conditions, including CATIII if certified (I think CAT 3A would be as far as you could ever go for manual flight, and yes here is the difference as this would definately be an autoland without HUD). Primary mode pretty much looks like your PFD with all the nice graphical speed and altitude tapes and can be used during your whole flight, also for CAT I/II approaches if you like. This mode is probably the easiest to start with and to get used to the device. sig.gif

I guess you know a lot regarding the HUD. I start the PMGD 737 NGX from dark and cold modus and accomplish the normal start procedures. But now, when I click the HUD down I can´t see the green symbols. Is there anywhere a switch I have to switch on? Hmm I´m clueless and I wasn´t found in the introduction. 577_HUD_7.jpg Imagine the HUD without the green symbols =) Any help =) thx

Have a look at this post and see if your dll.xml file is missing the entries listed by Alex. http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2048470 The thread this post appears in is http://forum.avsim.n...8-hud-question/ In my case inserting the text entries resolved my blank HUD screen. When you reload FSX it will ask you to if you wish to use these modules(iirc), click yes whenever it appears.

Attach your DLL.xml into a support ticket, and we'll send back a repaired version. If you haven't registered under support yet, you will need to, as it uses a separate login from PMDG's eCommerce system.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks for your answers,I was looking for the DLL.xml file but I wasn´t found. I´m not very literated in that.AlexBashkatov said that the dll.xml file can be found at c:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. I scanned my whole computer, but.. =( I´m sorry but I need your help again :oRegards Tobias

Thanks for your answers,I was looking for the DLL.xml file but I wasn´t found. I´m not very literated in that.AlexBashkatov said that the dll.xml file can be found at c:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. I scanned my whole computer, but.. =( I´m sorry but I need your help again ohmy.pngRegards Tobias
The dll.xml file is in the same folder as your fsx.cfg file.

rubadubadum I was found ;D <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>VistaMare Core</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>So and now I have to attach my DLL.xml into a support ticket and thats it? Regards Tobias