Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Monitor goes completely black after FSX takeoff?

Hi guys,I finally just got my new desktop and after hours of addons being uploaded I was finally on the runway for a flight and well it all went smoothly, until after about 3 mins into flight when I changed from full screen mode to windows view and the screen just went black, all I could hear was the sounds but nothing else.Anybody have solutions to this? Thanks a lot.

I'm also getting this I have never had this issue before. I would like to hear back on this also

Guest firehawk44

Turn down your fsx.cfg sliders. You video is memory starved or having issues rendering. Do you have a Windows 64 bit system or a 32 bit system? Memory is handled better with a 64 bit system but you will still have issues in some memory intensive scenarios, like using commercial aircraft and/or scenery at high resolutions. This link might help you too: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/301437-cannot-change-from-window-mode-to-full-screen/ . Another suggestion is to uninstall your video card drivers and reinstall them. When you do this, make sure any anti-virus program and Windows UAC is disabled. Best regards,Jim