Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlteredRealitii

Adding switch click sounds to switches

Hey there. I'm in the process of trying to add a switch click sound to the avionics master switch, and here is what I have so far, yet I'ts still not giving me any sound. Would anyone happen to be able to browse through this to inform me as to why it isn't working? Here is the code as well as the location as to where I placed all my files. Thank you I have placed the sound file in the main fsx Sounds folderI have an avmastersound.dll placed in my gauges folder along with the avmastersound.iniI have the avmastersound.xml placed in a folder named avmastersound which is in my panel folderLastly, I have the dsd_xml_sound3.dll and .gau placed in the gauges folder Panel.cfg:gauge16=avmastersound!avmastersound, 1,1,1,1gauge17=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 1,1,1,1, ./Gauges/avmastersound.iniavmastersound.ini:[Config]MaxSounds=5[LVars]Lvar00=avmastersound[sounds]Sound00=./Sound/avmastersound.wavavmastersound.xml:<Gauge Name="avmastersound" Version="1.0"><Element><Select><Value></Value></Select></Element><Mouse><Click><Area Left="424" Top="32" Width="31" Height="36"><Cursor Type="Hand"/><Click Kind="LeftSingle">(>K:TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER)1 (>L:avmastersound, number)</Click></Area></Click></Mouse></Gauge>and here's the code from the switch_avionics_master section of the modeldef.xml file that I placed in my bin folder that I created in the ModelingSDK directory:<MouseRect><Cursor>Hand</Cursor><HelpID>HELPID_GAUGE_AVIONICS_SWITCH</HelpID><TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_AVIONICS_SWITCH</TooltipID><EventID>TOGGLE_WHAT_MASTER</EventID><Click><Callback_Code>(>K:TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER)1 (>L:avmastersound, number)</Callback_Code></Click></MouseRect> Thanks again Dan

./Gauges/avmastersound.ini Are you sure your paths are correct? I'd use something like ..\gauges\avmastersound.ini personally. Notice the double period to go up one directory and the \ instead of /. eg. Here is one line from a panel.cfg of mine that goes up out of the panel, then out of the particular aircraft folder to reach the root Simobjects/Airplanes folder before going into another aircraft folder and finally the panel folder of that other aircraft.gauge00=..\..\Ants Drifter A-582\Panel\AvmapGPS!EKPIV, 0,0,602,915

www.antsairplanes.com

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now