Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Prop Adjustment on Piper Meridian - Readout?

I'm starting to fly Mike Stone's Meridian. In this turbine-prop, where do you read out prop - rpm. Throttle controls Torque OK, but while moving the prop affects flight characteristics, I do not see a way to read out the prop rpm directly as on his twin jet-prop Beech 1900D which does have prop rpm instruments.The included FS2K2 Pro Caravan 208b does not appear to show prop rpm instruments either.I bought a book "The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual", 2nd ed., that explains theory and practical operations of turboprop and fanjet flying (highly recommended by me!). The turboprop instrumentation flow chart shows both torque and prop-rpm instruments off the gearbox off the prop shaft. Are these instruments redundant (although I would assume that with a prop governor, governor-escape, etc. all shaft elements are not direct at all times) or is the prop-rpm needed for the prop setting via the throttle quadrant.(No response to this posting in FS2K2 Discussion Forum so reposting here.)

Guest paulri

Look again at the 208B. Prop RPM is at the top of the panel, under the glare shield. Second from the left, between torque and ITT. It is the instrument that say Prop RPM on it, and when you put your mouse over it, says the same thing with a readout of RPM. Only one, since it is a single engine aircraft. Worked just fine for me today, with default panel.I don't have Mike's aircraft so can't comment on that.Paul