Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cras

Does the CWS work as intended in the NGX?

My initial thinking is that it does not. I arm CWS after take off, and I cannot move the aircraft. No inputs from my Saitek 52Pro will change the attitude of the aircraft. When in level flight, and in CMD mode. I increase the altitude on the MCP, then pull back on the stick. As expected, ALT HOLD falls out, and CMD P is activated, and annunciated in yellow. However, as not expected, CWP P does not falled back to ALT HOLD when reaching the MCP altitude, instead stays in CWS. The little I know of CWS are from posts here, b737 website, that great resource that has been linked from here countless times over the past couple years, and the FCOM. I am of the understanding that if CWS is activated on the MCP, the AFDS will keep the aircraft trimmed and do some wings level action in low bank situations, will maintain climb atitude, and things like that. I cannot do any inputs with the control stick in CWS.

There are quirks, yes. http://forum.avsim.n...ed-in-this-case We've been discussing some of it already. If you like, I'd appreciate if you tried out what I suggested somewhere at the bottom and post your findings. There seem to be two scenarios (for me anyways), in one it WOULD fall back to ALT HOLD and in the other it would NOT. The I-got-no-manual-control-in-CWS-thingy sometimes is something I and others have experienced as well. sig.gif

Will do, thanks for the response. I will post the findings in your thread.