Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minion

One....or two?

Hi,I'm puzzled...I've ben thinking about purchasing TrackIR5...but then I "discovered" about the opportunity to not spend all 100-120 € on one piece of hardware and to get 2 or 3 cockpit essentials ( Yoke, throttle etc. )...Now here are my two questions:1) What should I go for? TrackIR5 or for yoke throttle etc...2) If you think I should go for more hardware, what should I go for? ( always keeping in mind that I wouldn't want to spend 200€ only on one piece eh! ;) )thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd go for a Yoke/rudder first. You can buy cheap Saitek, which is pretty good and reliable here. When You will get familiar with that setup, save few bucks and go for a TrackIR. Yoke/rudder is good for small planes. You do not switch the buttons all the time as in airliner and You are gaining skills in hand-flying. Autopilot in good weather makes much less use of yoke/rudder, but still it is essential for taxing, taking off or landing. TrackIR is good for every plane - small ones,in VFR flying gives You the opportunity to constantly look around. In heavy iron, You are reaching switches by looking at them, pause a view and 'click' for on/off and look back wherever You want

mm ok!I suppose that Yoke and rudder are good for big airplanes right? Because I fly 737-747-767 & MD-11...If not, what should I go for?thanks!