Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Error message

Hi Guys: Went out for a short flight to check out my new work of art but, also loaded hotfix fresh defrag anyway got a crash and a message (feature requires smartassembly) noticed before crash only 5 min into flight I cant change things in fsx once airborne like weather display settings, it just freezes have all tweaks, happens in windowed or full screen, also it does happen with 747 too so not sure whats going on, this machine is only fsx dedicated no other crap on it, not running aes or any other weather programs just rex textures, using frame limiter and ******* cfg. any help would be appreciated on this one.

Rich Sennett

By any chance did you try to modify the PMDG folder? Because I was trying to add my KSFOKLAX.RTE to the PMDG folder and the error came up. I thought it was a problem with the Plan-G that i had installed prior to error but turns out its the NGX. All i was doing before was messing with the FMC trying to get a hang on deleting and connecting routes.Then i got this error next time i tried loading FSX. I have the NGX as a default aircraft and crashes with the error. I delete the fsx.cfg and let it replace it. FSX starts up fine but once i load the NGX, I get the same error again. I have not applied the latest hotfix because i have heard people cannot re-activate the plane. I am afraid i will have to uninstall either way and would no choice in the matter. But I believe the NGX is causing this error. Will trying to add a file to the PMDG folder manually count as trying to reverse-engineer the program code for the smartaassembly? Because as i saw in another post elsewhere that it is the program that is used to protect and discourage reverse-engineering a program code.

C:\fsx\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX you have to place the file here, it wont let you put it here ? if you are running ENB Series big problems running that with ngx, can't reactivate that should not happen I would load new fix and dump the enb if you are using it - what error are you getting not sure.

Rich Sennett

Yeah that's where I was going to put it. Cause to my knowledge i did not nothing else. I will clarify in a bit if any part was misunderstood.

I am getting the smartassembly error that is only when i load the NGX. I will uninstall and see how it goes since either way i have to re-install to see if i get the error but i guess we'll see if any activation problems arise.

Actually i have ENB series mod quite well and have never had any issues. So I doubt the ENB is the problem. I have also uninstalled NGX so we'll see what happens.

Yeah the plane was the issue. After re-install error goes away...how the heck do you load it to the fmc i see no option in the menus.