Yeah I can confirm uninstalling all effects does nothing to make the effects come up on KLAX overall using the FSD version. I tried the airport next to it and can confirm I do have effects running. What is weird though is that when you land the effects show up but nothing on the water spray type thing. I did find a excerpt in the manual stating this:
This scenery has been made using brand new design methods in FSX. The challenge
was to create such large airport, without compromising quality and texture sharpness
Because of this, new design methods, based on native FSX Shaders had to be implemented,
and our .DLL module Addon Manager, is helping to bypass some limitations
of the FSX SDK, that will not normally allow to use native FSX shaders and fully
custom ground textures, without visual artifacts.
In order to enjoy the scenery at its fullest, we suggest the following:
• Keep the “Mesh Resolution” slider at 5m/pixel, and the “Mesh Complexity” slider
at 100. With less resolution, some visual problems might appear.
• If you have an ATI video card, don’t use the “Adaptive Antialiasing” feature,
because it will cause visual problems on the ground.
• Due to the technique used, there might be some areas of the scenery that don’t
show the user airplane shadow correctly, this is normal, and it only happen in a
• Late in the afternoon, or early down, the Shader effects on the ground are more
visible, since the sunlight comes from an angle that makes the Bump mapping
and Specular mapping used on the concrete more apparent.
• On your Video Card control panel, set the “Anisotropic Filter” to 8x or 16x, don’t
use the default “Application Controlled” setting
• IMPORTANT - On the Addon Manager menu, be sure you have the “Force HD
Textures” option ENABLED! This is very important in order to enjoy the scenery at
its full quality, since it enables the usage of 4096x4096 texture resolution, which
is how most of the textures in the scenery were designed for.
This is what it states, not sure if it is what you mean but I can confirm no effects being shown at KLAX whether installed or uninstalled. I thought it may have been an issue caused by Megascenery but KHHR shows effects and is within the SoCal scenery as well I have not tried to install the effects and run on KHHR but there are effects when unistalled though. Hope this information helps.