Sign in to follow this  
lensman

Freeze, then all nav stopped working

Hi all, I was trying again (unsuccessfully) to get a complete flight in with the PMDG737NGX. This time, KDEN-KDFW. In cruise, about 600 miles from DFW, the sim apparently froze. No mouse clicks, no change-of-view would occur. The speed and altitude info vanished from the both CDUs. There was no data in PROGRESS, and all the other usual CDU places. The autopilot would not shut off, the A/T would not shut off. Setting a heading in the MCP and hitting "HDG SLT" had no effect. The a/c just kept going on the course when everything froze. The ND and PFD did not update. This is the first time I didn't get a CTD, though. I could not re-load the flight (all screens blank) although the a/c did keep flying on the same course. (I've never yet been able to load a saved flight, or panel state, or both and have the displays appear). I obviously have zero luck with this a/c (no completed flights, all CTD or ending oddly, as described here). It figures that after waiting so long I'd be in the 0.5% that have trouble. So it goes. Any suggestions are welcome! dan "lensman" davison"

Hi all, I was trying again (unsuccessfully) to get a complete flight in with the PMDG737NGX. This time, KDEN-KDFW. In cruise, about 600 miles from DFW, the sim apparently froze. No mouse clicks, no change-of-view would occur. The speed and altitude info vanished from the both CDUs. There was no data in PROGRESS, and all the other usual CDU places. The autopilot would not shut off, the A/T would not shut off. Setting a heading in the MCP and hitting "HDG SLT" had no effect. The a/c just kept going on the course when everything froze. The ND and PFD did not update. This is the first time I didn't get a CTD, though. I could not re-load the flight (all screens blank) although the a/c did keep flying on the same course. (I've never yet been able to load a saved flight, or panel state, or both and have the displays appear). I obviously have zero luck with this a/c (no completed flights, all CTD or ending oddly, as described here). It figures that after waiting so long I'd be in the 0.5% that have trouble. So it goes. Any suggestions are welcome! dan "lensman" davison"
Hi Dan, This forum post will lead you to the link. Seems like another "freeze issue."http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343817-test-hot-fix-for-those-with-freezes/ Have fun!

This forum post will lead you to the link. Seems like another "freeze issue."http://forum.avsim.n...e-with-freezes/Have fun!
Thanks for pointing this out. I installed it. I've only been able to do one flight, and there were tiny freezes (longest 9 seconds). However, no freeze resulted in a CTD. The barometers went wonky, though. According to the instruments, I was at 3000 ft, 220 KIAS, and about 15 miles from EHAM but a quick look from the "locked spot" view showed I was at (perhaps) 30 cm above the ground! Probably another PEBKAC, but I'll dig into it more tonight. Thanks again for the link to the hotfix. dan "lensman" davison