Sign in to follow this  
Spud128

Question on multiple hard drives

Hello,I'm looking for some help from the experts. I recently built a SB computer and think I may have made a mistake regarding the allocation of my programs. I put W7 and FSX on my 80GB SSD because I like the quick load speeds. But now I'm running out of room with ORBX, REX, ETC and I'm wondering if it's possible to keep further scenery installs on my 1.5GB HDD while maintaining FSX program files on SSD? Will there be any conflicts or loading problems if I were to do this? Also, are there special configuration tips that anyone may have? I've got two other NA scenery's from ORBX that i'd like to install and i'm down to less than 10GB on my SSD so I'm pretty much maxed out. Would like to avoid an FSX re-install if at all possible. Thanks in advance.Spud

You should always keep FSX and it's stuff separate. Put FSX and ORBX and stuff on the SSD. You say It's an 80GB SSD will everything fit ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

You should always keep FSX and it's stuff separate.
That doesn't apply to SSD's
Hello, I'm looking for some help from the experts. I recently built a SB computer and think I may have made a mistake regarding the allocation of my programs. I put W7 and FSX on my 80GB SSD because I like the quick load speeds. But now I'm running out of room with ORBX, REX, ETC and I'm wondering if it's possible to keep further scenery installs on my 1.5GB HDD while maintaining FSX program files on SSD? Will there be any conflicts or loading problems if I were to do this? Also, are there special configuration tips that anyone may have? I've got two other NA scenery's from ORBX that i'd like to install and i'm down to less than 10GB on my SSD so I'm pretty much maxed out. Would like to avoid an FSX re-install if at all possible. Thanks in advance.Spud
You can install, or even move existing scenery to another drive editing the scenery.cfg. The one in (default location) "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX"
[Area.139]Title=UK2000 heathrow XtremeLocal=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\UK2000 scenery\UK2000 Heathrow xtreme\Layer=139Active=TRUERequired=FALSE

...note the path in "Local" Of course you will experiment slower load times in the sceneries not in the SSD, but it should work

Awesome, thanks for the helpful advice, i will give it a try as outlined above. Best regards, Spud