Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

Alternate Airport

Has someone already succeeded to reprogram the FMC for an alternate airport ? I couldn't manage: got the airport in the arr/dep page but didn't manage to select any rwy or app for that airport. Not sure if that's a bug or hopefully just my ignorance.BestKarim

I have. I went to RTE page 1, put the alternate airport ICAO code in the scratchpad and overwrote the destination airport using LSK R1. you can then start creating the alternate approach. I'm not saying that's the correct way to do it, but it worked. You'd think there'd be a way to get from the ATLN DESTINATIONS pages to modify the route.in a more clean way, but I couldn't find it. I had been able to get the ALTN into the route as LNAV waypoints, but not it owuld not recognise this as an arrival and so create VNAV altitudes. You can use the ALTN in the DEP/ARR page to view all the SIDS and STARS for that airport, but I wasn't able to find a way to get them in the route. Maybe copying the SID/STAR name into scratchpad then into the route page might work , but I haven't tried that idea yet. Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg