Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Weird Behaviour

This aircraft sure knows how to tear one's hair out,as has oft been posted in this Forum ! 1 full week into using this aircraft since purchase,over 100 hours already logged,no issues,no Hotfix,simming life could not be better. Then,wham! There I was,at 32k,cruising serenely,leaving the plane on A/P,using Flight Sim Commander in the background as a moving map reference to check if the aircraft was tracking the flightplan.Went back to check progress,and this is what I found:

• the plane was clearly moving in the scenery above blue oceans as the clouds passed by and the sound was still on
  • but the miles to the next waypoint,which should have been reducing as each mile went by,remained static,stuck at the same miles to figure.
  • checking the FMC I could not alter anything,the legs page which normally displays the waypoint altitudes now just showed the waypoints and nothing else.
  • tried to go back to the FSX saved flights which I have set to take place every 1/2 hour but every one of them was in a Cold 'n Dark situation,with the plane heading downwards.
  • had to scrub the whole exercise and re-start from the beginning

What a sheer waste of time. Has anybody else experienced this weird behaviour?