Sign in to follow this  
garf19

crash to desk top

Anytime I go to a different page, such as instant replay or any click anything on the top bar, flight simulator crashes and I get a fatal error message. Is any one else getting this, and if so is there a work around. I've downloaded the hot fix and the problem stll exist.

I have the same problem so after take off i don't go to any page until landing

This is a long time known issue with FSX. Do a Goggle search on "FSX menu crash", and you will find lots of info on it, as well as the cause and how to fix it. It involves copying a .dll folder into the FSX installation folder to solve it. Download this .dll file @ http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html and place in the FSX root folder. Your problem will most likely be solved.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Weird the dll is what is causing my fsx to crash, go figure.

Rich Sennett

I too had this problem, well before the NG too. Default and payware aircraft, anywhere, anytime, didnt matter. After trying about a bazillion different (so called) fixes, I came across this thread and followed the instructions that Gkair2 gave. I have not been able to create a ctd caused by a uiautomationcore.dll error yet. Ive right clicked about 300 times in a row, tried menus in the task bar in game, changed views a few hundred times as fast as I could, but CANNOT get it to ctd. Here is the fix: HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username: takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.) And the link to the fix: http://social.techne...26-f2ed6fbeae97 The original post is about 12 up from the bottom of page, Gkair2 is the one who posted it. Keep in mind, some programs need this file to function properly, so I just cut and pasted them in folders with their appropriate location names. Like System32 and WOW64 and FSX. I put each .dll in the corresponding folder and backed them up in my docs. So, If I need one of them for some reason I can pull it out, paste it back in, do my work, then remove it again. So far Ive not had any problems with any programs outside of FSX needing the file. I have heard however from a couple users that the dll file is need for Movie Maker, however I have not tried myself.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

I too had this problem, well before the NG too. Default and payware aircraft, anywhere, anytime, didnt matter. After trying about a bazillion different (so called) fixes, I came across this thread and followed the instructions that Gkair2 gave. I have not been able to create a ctd caused by a uiautomationcore.dll error yet. Ive right clicked about 300 times in a row, tried menus in the task bar in game, changed views a few hundred times as fast as I could, but CANNOT get it to ctd. Here is the fix: HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username: takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dllcacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.) And the link to the fix: http://social.techne...26-f2ed6fbeae97 The original post is about 12 up from the bottom of page, Gkair2 is the one who posted it. Keep in mind, some programs need this file to function properly, so I just cut and pasted them in folders with their appropriate location names. Like System32 and WOW64 and FSX. I put each .dll in the corresponding folder and backed them up in my docs. So, If I need one of them for some reason I can pull it out, paste it back in, do my work, then remove it again. So far Ive not had any problems with any programs outside of FSX needing the file. I have heard however from a couple users that the dll file is need for Movie Maker, however I have not tried myself.
Deleting them isn't the fix. I repeat, do not delete them. For anyone wanting to fix the issue, download Vista's uiautomationcore.dll and place it in the ROOT FSX folder.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Zach you sure I can't switch from windowed mode to full screen without crashes, seems better now, have to put it thru the paces right now, let you know.

Rich Sennett

I'm sure that it's the incorrect way to fix the problem, but I know it works either way. Placing Vista's uiautomationcore.dll into the root FSX folder is the correct way to fix the CTD because I'm not sure what other programs use this .dll besides FSX. Breaking something else (possibly) to fix FSX isn't an option for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Its crashing with or without dll black screen flight running can hear it but no way to get back to the visuals only have this problem with 737, looks like have to put it back in, hmm I'll figure it eventually just a bit of a pain in the neck, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Hi Zach tried that buddy no deal black screen will not go away something is going on it does not like, hmmmmZach how do you turn on the fmc light at night its all black except the input screen the button area of the fmc is dark, thanks.

Rich Sennett

I too tried the old copy and paste the vista one into the FSX folder, it however did not work. For some reason it works for some, and not for others. But for me at least, and several others the fix I tried in my post has worked. Yes, as you said Zach, DO NOT DELETE THEM! Keep them seperate so they dont overwrite each other, just cut them out and paste elsewhere. My machine is currently not a dedicated FSX machine, so I may indeed run into a situation whereas I will need to replace them. But, if your machine is a FSX only machine, then it really cant hurt to try.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11