Sign in to follow this  
comsen

A/P Disengage and Single CH

If you have set both Nav radios to your ILS freq and land on a CAT I rwy, thenyou would have Single Channel announced on the FMA. (Because no autoland)About the A/P disconnect sound, it´s like that in RW (I guess) that youl have afterwardsto press the blinking disconnect annunciator./ Leffe
That is not correct. You can autoland on a CAT I runway, it is done all the time for practice and aircraft certification. The ILS signal is the same regardless of the CAT certification of the runway and the ILS receiver doesn't know the difference. In the actual aircraft you disengage the autopilot with a thumb switch on the yoke, and you silence the warning by pressing the same thumb switch a second time. If you hit it just right you can disengage with the warning never sounding.

-------------

john croft

I didn´t say both CMD!I said both radios turned on the ILS freq for the rwy. If only a CAT I, then SINGLE C./ Leffe
Then that's not really an answer to the OP's question. You are talking about one specific reason, and also implied it was to do with the ILS being CAT I. If you engage both APs on a CAT I ILS the AP would behave just the same as if it was a CAT III, so it being a CAT I is irrelevant to the way the sim works.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

That is not correct !!If you select a second autopilot it will change to Land 3 just below 1500 ft.If you use the Honeywell MCP it will not arm rollout and change to CMD just below 1500 ft.Fred.
I was going by the FCOM, which doesn't mention an RA condition. I've not yet seen the NGX annunciate LAND 3 on an autoland, only CMD, so my bad for saying it would show that.Your exclamation marks are a bit OTT for a friendly forum, don't you think?Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hello,I got some questions about the 738 NGX. What is your way to disengage the autopilot during the landing? If I press "z" the A/P disengages but the sound does not stop. I mean the sound of the disengage. I always have to press manualy the button. After that the sound ends. During the landing, I only want the press "z" and will fly manually. The sound has to come 3-4 times and then stop.Another question. Before I flew the PMDG i flew the ifly. If I established ILS, in the PFD appears "Single CH". In the pmdg it does not appear. Why?Thank you!
I know the answer to your problem because I've had the same before. If you go to the key commands tab in the FMC (PMDG Setup -> Options -> Key Commands), the Z key will be mapped to the CMD A command by default. So when you press Z the autopilot will actually be disconnect, you press it again to stop the warning, but because of that you turn the autopilot on again (because the Z is mapped to the CMD A command). If you go to the Key Commands tab in the FMC, simply select the CMD A command, and clear it, then click EXEC. After that find the AUTOPILOT DISENGAGE command, and map it to your Z key. Now the Z key will be mapped to the A/P disconnect button the yoke. Now if you disengage the AP, you simply hit Z, and then Z again to stop the warning, and the autopilot won't turn on again. Problem solved.

I really was wasting my time reading this question regarding Z key in a 737 NGX cockpit!
Example of a useless comment and perhaps forum member.@to the restThank you for your help. I've solved my problem with Linda. I was able to set now only one button to switch on/of the AP and quit the warning sound. That was what I was looking for.

I know the answer to your problem because I've had the same before. If you go to the key commands tab in the FMC (PMDG Setup -> Options -> Key Commands), the Z key will be mapped to the CMD A command by default. So when you press Z the autopilot will actually be disconnect, you press it again to stop the warning, but because of that you turn the autopilot on again (because the Z is mapped to the CMD A command). If you go to the Key Commands tab in the FMC, simply select the CMD A command, and clear it, then click EXEC. After that find the AUTOPILOT DISENGAGE command, and map it to your Z key. Now the Z key will be mapped to the A/P disconnect button the yoke. Now if you disengage the AP, you simply hit Z, and then Z again to stop the warning, and the autopilot won't turn on again. Problem solved.
I figured I might need Z to engage CMD A, and there might also be a conflict with FSX's default assignment for Z, so I simply added a new key assignment for the Autopilot disconnect switch (CTRL+Z). Problem solved in fewer steps. :)I also added a nearby key assignment for the autothrottle disconnect too (CTRL+X in my case) so it's a simple matter to disconnect both prior to manual landing.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg