Sign in to follow this  
misgav

error message in reinstalling RC

Hi'I upgraded my pc, and got the windows 7 32bit.I still have my original cd version 4. I saved the v4.3 update exe from the previous setup.I installed from the cd. It ran OK. Upon launching RC I get this error message-Runtime error 429ActiveX component cannot create object What do i do? Eytan Ornstein Intel Core i5 2500 3.3GHZDDR3 4GBNvidia GeForce 9800GT GPUWindows 7 Home premium 32bitFS2004 9.1

Did you install the update you downloaded? You need to be at 4.3845. In Win 7 you need to right click on any installer and select run as admin. Most likely one of the install components failed. Then after a successful install you need to start it with a shortcut with its properties set to run as admin. Once your install is complete update fsuipc and makerwys.exe and rerun the scenery rebuild. Here is one article on this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6018818_fix-active-error-429.html or:http://www.ehow.com/how_6919783_fix-runtime-error-429-activex.html I am not aware of RC using an active-x component since it is not web based but it does use scripts. Do not use the update tab in RC4 which is web based. The last version 4.3845 if you do not have that needs to be delivered via a special download link that will be provided if you require it. Normally Win 7 should already have this installed I would think. If applying the the script package remember to log in as admin first. If you can download the install setup.exe or whatever run that via a right click to run the program at admin level.

I do not have the update 4.3, so i would need the link for it.Nor do i have the original code, just the cd. Not sure if I would install the update that RC would open correctly. In any case,I took the following steps for now.I uninstalled RC4.I reinstalled, as administrator, as you advised..On opening the exe, I get this new error message-component MSCOMCT2.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid Eytan

Before resolving the .dll error you should send an e-mail requesting the rcv4.3 link to download it for update purposes. When you first registered it your e-mail address was provided. Provide that original e-mail address and any order information to jd@jdtllc.com subject need update link. Be sure jdtllc.com is allowed through all spam filters. If you want you can install the CD version you have and then fix the .dll as noted below, get your registration taken care of, and then request the update as noted to version 4.3845 to download. Do not use the update tab in earlier versions in RC4 as that system is no longer available. After that install when you get that .dll message refer to this pinned post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/265834-713-and-unregistered-dlls/ and this updated source link for the .dll (no longer included in Win for the last two versions:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/265834-713-and-unregistered-dlls/page__st__25 After all is straightened out and updated, update fsuipc and makerwys.exe from the pinned links and then rebuild your scenery database again. If on VISTA or Win 7 right click on all installers and select run as admin. You also must be logged in as admin to register the .dll.

I uninstalled RC to get it right this time around.t.I reinstalled RC4 from my cd(as adminstrator). then Installed v4.3 From the file sent by JD. No error messages like before (hooray!).UAC is off. Got the key and tried to register. Program closed but on reopening program reads as unregistered.I look in the start\programs and see two programs rc 4 and rc4.3 for FSX.i only have fs2004 on my pc. I uninstalled again and ran the registry fixer utility from Flight1 as per one of the threads here.Reinstalled again up v4.3, but program will not register. Grrrrr...I try every option with pasting the key just to make sure, but zilch. Now I'm really frustrated. Eytan

In Win 7 turning off UAC does not turn off all protection like in VISTA. In addition setting a program level to run as admin is a program level privilege, not a user level privilege. Therefore it is necessary to to either right click on RC to select run as admin at the program level to raise its privileges or set up a shortcut to it and set that in the shortcut's properties. Now in order for RC to create the e-mail for registering if you have any security applications RC must be declared as safe so it can access both FS and for reistering your e-mail application. Your other option is to try just for registering inhibiting you security. As an example, in Zone Alarm, I have to declare that RC can start and access other applications and raised its trust level to trusted. (If the on-line update feature was still available, which it no longer is, it would have to be given Internet access privileges.) For some users the new security feature application (forgot its name) may be causing that problem. Again, when pasting the key be sure there are no trailing spaces before or after the key, and the characters are there in their entirety. Another issue that cropped up is that in some installations the RC folders and files are set to read only. Be sure your RC folder and the files in it plus your rc\data folder is not read only and the files in that are not read only. Those are the ones that get changed with your registration and preferences and also any scenery rebuild. As to why you have two folders that depends on your installation option. If you chose both FSs two folders get created, one for each version. Each rc version in each folder needs its RC started and registered with the key you received. When you deleted RC for the reinstall how many times was it in add-remove programs? The file under your RCv4 or RCv4X folder that gets your registration is keyboard.dat. Right click on that and check its properties to make sure it is not read-only and note the create, modified, and accessed dates. If you like you can PM me with each keyboard.dat file contents for each RC folder. Just open it in worpad or notepad and copy it into the PM along separately including your delivered key code. Don't save it. Include your e-mail address in that message. If you are only using one version of FS delete the RC folder that does not apply. In addition before deleting the folder for each one check the properties for rcv4.exe looking at the version to insure it reads 4.0.3845.

I uninstalled again.Put the original cd in , ran i as administrator.Tried to register again unsuccessfully.Didn't try to install v4.3 for now Ensured that the rc folder and data are NOT read only as you suggested. (they were by default)I hit apply and a window shows the changes are being made. Hit OK.But then when I open properties of the rc folder, again the read only square is active!It's like the changes were not saved. Go figure! There are two folders in RC -Keyboard and data. No keyboard.dattThat I can see.Below is the contents of the ke board folder49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 954 , 54 , 56 , 57 , 48 , 959 , 55 , 845 , 843 , 844 , 848 , 847 , 855 , 448 , 846 , 840 , 842 , 857 ,CHEMLFOGGIHKJPEBFEDFMJIFMAOPHKMQ The data file has csv files in it that I can't open. This where i'm at. Eytan

You have to make file and folder attrbute changes logged in as admin especially if RC is in a program files folder under VISTA and especially under Win 7. Unless you are troubleshooting data you don't need to open those csv files, just look at the attributes. Sorry for the typo on .dat. Is that long string of letters that is in keyboard.dat the registration code you were sent ort something else.

Thanks for being so helpful, but this is getting to be a bit technical for my level.I'm going help from a friend or even pay a computer technician to follow your instructions.So i will report back later on any developments.Eytan

My knowledgeable friend suggested the following;Uninstall RC4Run CC Cleaner registry fixerCopy the entire contents of the rcv4 cd to my hard diskRun the setup from the hard disk as administrator.Did that. The registration window came up. entered my key. Window closed after a few secs.Launching RC - the registration again shows up.So i can't get it registered.is it possible my code becomes invalid after so many tries? Those numbers up above are from the keyborard folder NOT the key code I got from JD.WhenIi open the csv folder and check properties (is that the same as "attributes"?), The READ ONLY option is unchecked. Eytan

Right click on the RCv4.exe file in its folder. Properties, version. What version number are you showing? The second time you ran RC did you right click on it and select run as admin? If you can't get it registered I'll see what I can do for you but it will have to be done via e-mail.

Properties of the rc4 exe (the green icon) only shows a tab labeled previous versions.When I open that tab it's empty- just greyed out letters- "there are no previous versions. Interestingly enough there's a tab called compatibility.When I opened it up I ticked 'run this program in compatiblity mode for' (drop down list below) I chose Windows 7. (it was XP before}Below that are settings; I choose 640 x480Below that I ticked 'Run this program as an administrator'. I then hit apply and OK.Mmmm...I thought that might help.And you know what- IT DID. Again I registered and this time it was OK!.The only thing is the screen resolution I had ticked which needed to be corrected. No big deal. I fired up FS2004 ,saved a flightplan. Opened RC and bingo- heard the sweet voice of clearance delivery. Now I'm nervous. You know the if it aint broke don't fix it law.Should I go ahead and install 4.3 on top of v4? Eytan

Good work. You can install v4.3 on top of it I believe - see if it works to so that. Be sure the program level is set to run as admin. Before you do that make a copy of keyboard.dat in another folder. After installing 4.3 and using the same key to register see if it starts and complete the setup and close after it is done. Then update FSUIPC if needed and makerwys.exe, then open RC again and run the scenery rebuild with the new makrwys installed. Don't forget to set the properties again to Win 7, etc, and put your screen resolution back to normal for you.

I installed 4.3. Towards the end the install asks for the location of FSX,which i ignored because I don't have it on my pc.The installation continued saying it won't be installed to FSX.I reregistered from the 4.3FSX icon and it was recognized.I ran a test and RC4.3 ran ok with fs2004.I rebulit the scener and I was asked where FS was located and I typed that in. Rebulding the database was completed sucessfullyStrange how it works from the FSX option but not the v4 icon. The properties setting hadn't changed since the last time.Curently FSUIPC is v3.9. Should I update it or leave it be?I'm not sure how to run makerwys.exe. Maybe if the update installtion was food I shouldn't mess with it now that everyting works. Eytan

When the 4.3 installer starts it asks you whether to install for FS9, FSX or both. It will then create one or two appropriate folders. If you do not have FSX then delete the RCv4X folder entirely. Go into RCv4 folder and right click on rcv4.exe and be sure the version is 3.0.3845. If not rerun the RC43 installer again specifying FS9 only. Check the version again. Run it to insure it is registered and ready to go. Your key should be the same. Close RC. After a successful install and registration install from here http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ FSUIPC update 3.997n to your modules folder. That is mandatory for Win 7 and VISTA users. (You stated your already installed the FSUIPC 3.99 full package.) This new installer will elevate on its own privileges to install in your modules folder. If the FSUIPC installer has a problem automatically finding your FS9 folder you registry path may need to be corrected. Get the free registry repair utility "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)" from here: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and run it as administrator. Then from here http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/ get makerwys 4.50. Unzip the .exe to you FS9 folder overwriting any previous version. Set up a shortcut to RC again specifying run as admin in the shortcut. Then start RC and run the scenery rebuild again to update the scenery from the new makerwys process. If you have RC and FS on the same computer answer No when it asks you if you have WideFS. Then enter your full path to FS9 like this: h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9 changing h: to c: or wherver you have FS installed. In this situation RC should start makerwys.exe by itself and there should be no need to run it separately. To avoid any problems if you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, be sure RCv4.exe is declared safe to start other applications. Do the same with any other antivirus or firewall/application protection package. If you did have a problem with RC starting automatically makerwys.exe by itself then again be sure RC is set to run as admin. Now in RC you need to set up your flt/wxr path by browsing to: C:\Documents and Settings\Ron Ginsberg\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files Win 7 and VISTA are a bit different paths to your documents folder. The first time you open you retrieve a flight plan browse to that same folder. It will be remembered the next time.