Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wokue

VRI-MCP-Combo with Linda locks turning speed button

Hello Artem & Günter,at first take my congrats for Linda which got my attention since it's first announcement. I fly both Boeing's 738, Ifly + PMDG, controlled with VRI-MCP-Combo and Saitek X52. OS = WIN7/64; Rig = i7/860 default clock; graphics = Nvidia 460 GTX set with inspector; Bojote-tweaks; all is running well! Controlling the Ifly 738 I use a keyboard.ini for SerialFPv.2 for MCP-Combo + Saitek profile created by it's own software.Controlling the PMDG 738 I use Linda (your PMDG 738-modul) + my own Saitek profile (to have all 3 Saitek modi available) Now the problem:My SerialFP-modul runs the Ifly very well with one exception:When during descent below FL 100, switching the MCP-speed-knob < 250 kts, the ND-Panel changes to PLAN-Mode andthe complete VRI-MCP gets inoperable. Though I can handle the aircraft further on with the mouse. The exact same thing happens with the PMDG aircraft and Linda driven VRI-MCP-Combo. Things happen in manual and automated descend. Meanwhile I've the Ifly 738 uninstalled so nothing could interfere so far. I appreciate any comments how to solve this problem. Thankyou, Wolfgang Kühn

If I understand you right, dialling a speed below 250 kts results in the ND switching to PLAN and mcp lockup in both ifly (not using LINDA) and PMDG (using LINDA)? That sounds really strange... Does it happen if you dial the lower speed using the mouse in the virtual cockpit?Have you tried the iFly module for LINDA?Have you tried to disconnect some of your equipment to see if it still happens? Helge

Helge Rasmussen

If I understand you right, dialling a speed below 250 kts results in the ND switching to PLAN and mcp lockup in both ifly (not using LINDA) and PMDG (using LINDA)? That sounds really strange... Does it happen if you dial the lower speed using the mouse in the virtual cockpit?Have you tried the iFly module for LINDA?Have you tried to disconnect some of your equipment to see if it still happens? Helge
Hi Helge, you got me just right. I'm now on further investigations including your suggestions. Will report back. ThankyouWolfgang

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now