Sign in to follow this  
davierosoft

Manouvering speed and minimum speed symbols are not displayed on PFD

Hi!I tried all voices in the menu, tried and tried more and more times, I only found a problem with the stby attitude indicator that appears to be locked, but it is not the problem now.Till yesterday the 2 bands, yellow and red/black for minimum manouvering speed and the stall margin are not displayed on PFD, but I was able to see them on the HUD.Today I played again with all voices in the menu, and I cannot have those speeds also in the HUD.immaginept.jpgHere you see the problem, the aircraft is at 15.8° of AOA, very close to the stall, but no indication occurs on speed tape.Any help?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

For the standby attitude indicator there is an unlock switch next to it. For the other issue I'm not sure.

Hi Andrea, Random question, what are your computer specs? Your screenshot looks on a next level of great. Relating to your issue, I believe this is part of a package of issues that PMDG is working through. Just earlier today I realized that the chronometer froze on me when i thought it was counting the elapsed time after T/O. Cant wait for the SP1 to be released. Gidel Ward

Your weights are not properly entered into the FMC.
This isn't correct, because even if the plane is empty, zero passengers, zero fuel, full flaps there would be a red ribbon below 110

This isn't correct, because even if the plane is empty, zero passengers, zero fuel, full flaps there would be a red ribbon below 110
I misunderstood his question. Thought he was asking about the flap maneuvering speeds.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I misunderstood his question. Thought he was asking about the flap maneuvering speeds.
No problem at all

Is it just me or does his HGS symbology seem extremely large? Maybe this is a result of a larger problem, along with that stall tape... I've just had a thought about some circuits I did the other day. I remember not touching the CDU at all and just going for a few circuits, but after the third or fourth one, I ended up refueling and doing a flight. My point being, if I don't put in my weights for the FMC, then I don't get anything on the speed tape either. Once I put in my route/weights, I did get the maneuvering speeds and stall speed line. Seems like a bug to me. It's as if it's not displaying the flap maneuvering speeds when there are no weights entered (Correct) but also not displaying the stall-speed line (Incorrect).

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Is it just me or does his HGS symbology seem extremely large? Maybe this is a result of a larger problem, along with that stall tape... I've just had a thought about some circuits I did the other day. I remember not touching the CDU at all and just going for a few circuits, but after the third or fourth one, I ended up refueling and doing a flight. My point being, if I don't put in my weights for the FMC, then I don't get anything on the speed tape either. Once I put in my route/weights, I did get the maneuvering speeds and stall speed line. Seems like a bug to me. It's as if it's not displaying the flap maneuvering speeds when there are no weights entered (Correct) but also not displaying the stall-speed line.
No. It's just the position he's sitting in. If you move the seat position back it gets bigger, forward gets smaller

No. It's just the position he's sitting in. If you move the seat position back it gets bigger, forward gets smaller
I certainly understand that, but for it to be that large, he must be in the seat head. LOL.gif

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Your weights are not properly entered into the FMC.
Thanks, just entered and solved the issue!On the last flight I did with programmed FMC I've not checked theese alerts.
Hi Andrea, Random question, what are your computer specs? Your screenshot looks on a next level of great. Gidel Ward
My PC is a I7 940 with few Mhz of overclock, 6Gb of ram, and GTX285. It runs very well compared to other payware aircrafts, with a good framerate. I've not experienced out of memory issues or something else. The frame rate is not too high (I've locked to 20 but it runs a bit slower sometimes at low altitude or with clouds. I use DX10 preview and bloom, 1280*1024 32bits

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thanks, just entered and solved the issue!On the last flight I did with programmed FMC I've not checked theese alerts. My PC is a I7940 with few Mhz of overclock, 6Gb of ram, and GTX285. It runs very well compared to other payware aircrafts, with a good framerate. I've not experienced out of memory issues or something else. The frame rate is not too high (I've locked to 20 but it runs a bit slower sometimes at low altitude or with clouds. I use DX10 preview and bloom, 1280*1024 32bits
Interesting... Just as I suspected. The stall speed line should always display, even without weights. I'm going to look in the FCOM and see what I can dig up.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Yes, it is what I was thinking, because the FMC can be dispatched inoperative and the pilot must know if he is reaching dangerous conditions. For the stall AOA is sufficient. There is also the pre-programmed minimum values for each flap setting. Another thing I cannot see working is the autoslat, I tried with flap 1 to 5 without any slat extension.

Regards

Andrea Daviero