Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Reposting from FSX forum: Best Memory for FSX

What memory to use for FSX - 6GB or 8GB? (XP64 and Windows7-64)What speed, brand, combination?Asus P67Intel Core i7-2600Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Thanks again everybody,Abe

8GB dual channel kit in either 4x2GB or 2x4GB. Brands: corsair, g-skill, Kingston, mushkin. Speed: 1600MHz or higher. Latency C6, 7 or 8 max.

8GB dual channel kit in either 4x2GB or 2x4GB. Brands: corsair, g-skill, Kingston, mushkin. Speed: 1600MHz or higher. Latency C6, 7 or 8 max.
Thanks, that was a quick reply. A follow up - I hope I am not too inquisitive. Speed: Higher than 1600(obviously?) faster?, Latency C6 better than 8?Thanks again.Abe

In FSX the difference between C8 or C6 ram is not noticeable. Nor the difference between 1600 and 2000 for example. (could be wrong about the last part. I'm sure Dazz will correct me :P)

4GB is probably the minimum. It is what I work with and I find it fine. 1333MHz is also the minimum. Windows 7 has great RAM management so you really get 3.5GB of RAM for FSX.