Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

sim queue count and FSX performance

Dear all I am a new user to ASE (sorry for asking super newbie questions). Every now and then, ASE writes weather into FSX (even though I have automatic downloads off and rate of change of weather = 0). The sim queue count (bottom right) starts counting and I see a FPS performance hit on my FSX.Is that normal ? Is there a way of making those writes infrequent ?Also after taking off, the weather suddenly changes ... I am sure I am doing something wrong. Best Karim

Hi, What are your computer specs? The sim queue count should remain low if ASE and FSX are communicating well. Try with a Depiction Mode of Smooth Clouds or DWC in ASE. What is your Suppression Range set to in ASE?

Hi Jim, Thanks a lot for your replies. My computer specs are high: i7 at 3GHz with 6 cores, Nvidia GeForce 580 and 16 Gigs of ram. What actually made the flight very smooth is using DWC. The standard depiction made the sky flashing and a slight performance drop. Best Regards Karim