Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Cannot start two engines

OK, I hold my hand up. I am not a long established customer of PMDG (although now changed) going from one aircraft to another, nor am an establshed pilot of anything that comes close to the intricacies of the NGX. So, I am reading and learining but I have had an issue that I simply cannot fathom out, wrong sequence of startup procedures perhaps? I know it's probably finger trouble, but no matter how I try to follow instructions I simply keep coming back to the same problem. I am trying to get into the routine of starting the plane from dark and cold, once I have mastered that I will not feel such a cheat once the FS2Crew arrives Smug.gif I go through the strat up procedures, what I think are correct, but as soon as I try to start the engines, I manage one but the second one never gets going. I have the start valve button lit and also the low oil pressure switrch, but N1 never goes beyond 1.1. I sit there with only one engine live! If anyone can offer some advice I'd be very grateful, thanks guys.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Let me guess, you are starting with APU BLEED, and you can only start engine number one?APU BLEED only feeds bleed air into the LEFT DUCT including the L PACK. In order for APU BLEED to reach the right engine, you need to set the ISOLATION VALVE to open. The AUTO position would keep it closed, not letting high pressure air blow into the right engine starter. For starting the right engine, make sure that the DUCT PRESSURE GAUGE indicates that the right duct is pressurized. Since you got to start one engine, im assuming your packs are off. Just make sure they are.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Let me guess, you are starting with APU BLEED, and you can only start engine number one?APU BLEED only feeds bleed air into the LEFT DUCT including the L PACK. In order for APU BLEED to reach the right engine, you need to set the ISOLATION VALVE to open. The AUTO position would keep it closed, not letting high pressure air blow into the right engine starter. For starting the right engine, make sure that the DUCT PRESSURE GAUGE indicates that the right duct is pressurized. Since you got to start one engine, im assuming your packs are off. Just make sure they are.
Yeah, what he said >,..,>

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Brilliant, thanks a bunch guys. I knew it was something I was doing wrong! Cheers...biggrin.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776