Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rocky_53

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rocky_53

  1. If you enjoy Sci Fi films and haven't seen The Creator, then do yourself a favour and watch it! It's a great movie...
  2. Ahh, Ray, I am so sorry to hear that my friend. I can understand.
  3. Cadge a lift with Christopher, he's up your part of the world!
  4. Hmm, I have friends with us over the weekend, so can't make the Sat evening. We could congregate at JustFlight stall Christopher, or, what about a pre-determined time in the cafe for coffee?
  5. Hey fellas, how is everyone meeting up? Are people meeting for a group coffee, or arranging things via PM with specific friends?
  6. I was going to ask exactly the same question 😃 Seems rather silly not to have an option to bind a button or key press to open something that is so intrinsic within the aircraft. I guess I could move the EFB out of view, as has been suggested, and just use a camera view to access it, but just seems strange.
  7. Hmm, never heard of these guys. Just off bat, but on the same subject, I haven't heard much about VoxATC either recently, which are also supposed to be working on an ATC program.
  8. Hey Christopher, I noticed this only today when moving around Ibiza airport. Surely it's some kind of bug. It looks ridiculous! I will contact the dev and log a bug report mefinks.
  9. Sorry, I lost interest when I read it's $19 a month!
  10. Ah ha, I thought I was the only one Noel. I experience this on far too many flights! I often disregard ATC once I have started to descend and follow my flightplan approach which has been created in Simbrief. It seems ironic to think that this app is supposed to be so smart, and I guess it is much of the time, but I find this very annoying.
  11. I'm always trying, and I emphasise the word trying, to get my 'head around' the concept of the size of the universe...
  12. Sure Rhett, I read that only a short time ago. I'll try that technique. Cheers.
  13. Sure, I think perhaps I should try the brake assignments with Axis&Ohs instead of FSUIPC and work some changes later today. Thanks.
  14. OK, I'm pretty sure there will be many on here who will tut and throw their hands up in the air in disgust! But I am going to push my head above the parapet and ask the question.... am I the only one who feels the nose wheel shimmy is too aggressive on the BlackSquare Commander 114? I have no idea what it's like in real life, I'm pretty sure it has been well reproduced. However, even if this is the case, I nevertheless feel it is quite aggressive, to the point where it happens almost each time I touch the brakes, even slightly. Am I alone with this? It's spoiling what is otherwise a sensational aircraft and certainly my favourite plane in my hangar. Is there a way of reducing the effect in the cfg? Has anyone achieved this?
  15. Same for me in UK. I remember thinking, like others, when everyone was getting excited about this new sim, what if you can't get online? No one seemed particularly bothered, so I assumed my concerns were unjustified. This happens too frequently these days.
  16. Watch until the end!
  17. I believe everyone 'to their own,' and personal faiths and beliefs, but as someone who has experienced a complete, unexplainable close encounter, which I will remember for my entire life ( I won't post the video again, as I've posted it twice before on Avsim ) I will always have an open mind and never dismiss anything as being impossible. Even after having witnessed three discs in the sky, each about the size of your finger nail at arms length, each one autonomous, with no lights or noise, cruising across the night sky. What did I see? Who knows, I have never suggested, over the years, that what I saw was anything other than unexplainable. That is exactly what it was. But it does 'beg the question' how could we possibly be the only living organisms in the entire cosmos? IMO, it simply isn't realsitic. For those who haven't seen this video, I'm pretty sure you will find it amazing! Do watch it until the end though... as it's fascinating.
  18. Here's a fun one, at my expense! I installed EGV yesterday and never really tested it. Effectively, forgetting I had done so and began a flight into Vienna later in the day. On approach I thought to myself, those trees look great, varying heights, then, all of a sudden, I remembered I had installed EGV! Ah, the joys of getting older!
  19. Done! I'll be there on the Sunday.
  20. I'm going to buy it today. The price is amazing too!
  21. This looks very interesting... Enhanced Global Vegetation - Burning Blue Design
  22. What makes a popular airport for me, is the surrounding area. Interesting terrain and/or urbanisation all add to the immersion IMO.
  23. When I saw your post title, I briefly thought it said, My Wife is Driving me Nuts! I jumped in thinking we had something in common!
  24. As a former Hang Glider pilot, my heart sank when I watched this... I mean, this is really scary stuff!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.