Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

APRONLIFE, give life to airports

Featured Replies

I discovered this little program on YouTube this morning, and installed it this lunchtime and I'm really excited about the rendering. It is available on flightsim.to

Flightsim.to
No image preview

Apron Life - Ground Service for AI Traffic - MSFS Add-on...

✓ For Microsoft Flight Simulator: Apron Life is a desktop tool for MSFS 2024 and MSFS 2020 that adds animated ground services to parked AI aircraft at your nearest airport. It utilizes GSX Pro and...

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud

That looks interesting - I will have to take a look at that. Does it have much impact on performance?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

  • Author

On my system no, tried at ord with batc live traffic on, 50% traffic at gate.

A new update come later today and will bring more performance.

From their discord server

@everyone

**ApronLife 1.4.1 is coming later today!** ⚡

You asked for performance, and this one is all about it - **at least 40% more FPS at busy airports**. In our test at a packed EGLL the sim went from **46 to about 70 FPS**, with far fewer stutters.

🫧 **Bubble mode** (new, optional): only the aircraft around you get vehicles and people, while the rest of the airport keeps its turnarounds running in the background.

🛬 Jet bridges only on aircraft near you, plus fixes for a stutter every 5 seconds and for jet bridges redoing themselves in a loop.

Full changelog when it's out - stay tuned! ✈️

Frédéric Giraud

I just tested version 1.4.0 at KMCO using MSFS 2020 and BeyondATC with AIG models with AI settings of 6,4,4,3 and I'm not seeing much of a performance hit with my old system (i9-9900K, 3080 Ti at 1400p).

I think this will be great for those like me using MSFS 2020 especially with the jetways connecting to AI which BeyondATC says is only available for 2024.

I don't have GSX Pro so it's using the default vehicles, but here's a quick screenshot of KMCO with my 737-800 at the bottom. You can see jetways connected to AI in the background.

KMCO

And my ApronLife settings which I just clicked on the Medium preset at the top: ApronLife settings

Edited by WallysWorlds

27 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Cool finding! Unfortunately I'm just a virtual spotter (flying only GA), so I don't own GSXPro. Would love to have this ApronLife that wouldn't required GSXPro ;)

It doesn't require GSX, it will just use it if you have it. The person who posted above you doesn't use GSX

Edited by Tuskin38

Be aware this does add extra invisible sim objects to the sim which can and will cause a slight or up to heavy performance impact.

Creator of: Realistic Pax & Cargo (RPC)

For transparency: I'm a community mentor at the BATC discord. However, I do not get paid for it in any way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.