Everything posted by WallysWorlds
-
APRONLIFE, give life to airports
I just tested version 1.4.0 at KMCO using MSFS 2020 and BeyondATC with AIG models with AI settings of 6,4,4,3 and I'm not seeing much of a performance hit with my old system (i9-9900K, 3080 Ti at 1400p). I think this will be great for those like me using MSFS 2020 especially with the jetways connecting to AI which BeyondATC says is only available for 2024. I don't have GSX Pro so it's using the default vehicles, but here's a quick screenshot of KMCO with my 737-800 at the bottom. You can see jetways connected to AI in the background. KMCO And my ApronLife settings which I just clicked on the Medium preset at the top: ApronLife settings
-
Still using MSfS2020
Super! Thanks for the replies!
-
Still using MSfS2020
I may do that just to see if I can run 2024 well with my hardware and also my 55 mbps internet.
-
Still using MSfS2020
Still on 2020 with no plans to go to 2024 until I get a new PC. I'm a bit concerned about the 12 GB vram with my 3080ti and complex airports and aircraft if I go to 2024. I only upgraded from FSX to 2020 in July 2025 so it's still quite new to me.
-
Heads up! PMDG sale on right now
I had some money available so I got the 777F, 777-300ER and the 737-900. I figured might as well buy more now and save instead of waiting for a whole year for their next sale. Or worse getting the inch to fly one of those three months from now and paying full price.
-
Heads up! PMDG sale on right now
"Get 29% off to Celebrate PMDG's Birthday! Between now and end of the day UTC, August 10th, enjoy 29% off your order total as our way of saying thanks for 29 years of fabulous simming!"
-
GPU Upgrade Advice for MSFS2024
WallysWorlds replied to xsever's topic in Video Hardware: Monitors | Multi-Monitors | Video Cards | Drivers etcI have the 3080 Ti and only use it with MSFS 2020 and only with DX11 otherwise the 12 GB VRAM sometimes becomes an issue even at 1440p. I'm not planning on upgrading to 2024 until I get a new PC later this year. I'd rather turn up the settings with 2020 instead of turning them down with 2024 due to the limited VRAM. But again I've had no experience with 2024 so I'm just basing it on what others have written.
-
For those who will miss the FSLTL injector....
As Noel posted, I've also been using BATC to control my aircraft, but BATC's AI stutters quite a bit whenever I use its AI. The AI stutters as they move along, but BATC's ATC itself is fine. So lately I've been using AIG's injector with BATC and letting MSFS' ATC control the AIG traffic. Not ideal, but the AIG traffic moves smoothly.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
I've had issues with using v-sync to lock fps on other games whether inside the game or using v-sync in NPI.I don't know the reason why those options don't work for myself, but locking it using the Frame Rate Limiter in NPI works really good. I've tried a newer version of NPI about a month ago and will download the latest version and test that. Thanks for the tip!
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
xsever, I'm locking MSFS 2020 at 30 fps with my older system (i9-9900K, 32 GB and 3080 Ti) and I'm also using Lossless Scaling to get MSFS up to 60 fps. Are you using nVidia Profile Inspector to lock the fps for MSFS as I'm doing below? That keeps MSFS at 30 fps and never goes above it. Note the Frame Rate Limiter V3 setting set to 30 FPS.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
Been flying for the past hour and the test version of AutoFPS is not showing that message anymore. Everything is working fine. Many thanks for your time with this!
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
Thanks for the update. I'll download the test version and give it a fly today and will report back.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
These are the MSFS 2020 AutoFPS settings I've been using for a while. Seem to work well with my aging computer and Lossless Scaling.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
I'm not changing anything in the options once I'm in the flight and after starting AutoFPS. Let me test your idea out tomorrow and I'll post back. Thanks!
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
Here is the window popping up in AutoFPS. I just click OK and AutoFPS continues on as normal. Thanks for your time!
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
So this is the setting in AS FS which changes the cloud pattern every 7 minutes in MSFS. Otherwise the clouds stay the same throughout the flight even if the AS weather changes due to an update.
-
MSFS Auto FPS App
I hope this doesn't qualify as a dumb question, but when I minimize or 'close' AutoFPS down to just the System Tray and not showing on the taskbar, is the app still actively working? I believe so, but I would like to just clarify please. A second question in that when Active Sky FS updates the weather theme as per the Periodic Theme Reload Interval (which I have to set to every 7 minutes), I noticed that AutoFPS pops up a message window reporting that the cloud textures have changed and recommends not updating AutoFPS setting unless you restart the app. I don't have a screenshot of that message, but can obtain one next time I fly. Is that an issue with AutoFPS and Active Sky FS? Thanks!
-
Who else fully moved over to MSFS2024 this week?
Long time reader, first time poster here. I used FSX for many years and had a lot of payware for it, but I switched to 2020 during the Steam July sale and have bought quite a few addons for 2020 as my system runs it very well. My system is an i9-9900K (overclocked to 5 Ghz) with 32 GB RAM and a 3080 Ti. I'm hesitating to switch to 2024 because my internet connection top speed is only 60 mbps and that's the best I can get for a while. I've seen both good and bad comments about slower internet speed for the 2024 version so I don't know if that will be an issue for my system and 2024. I hope to get a new system sometime in 2026, but the RAM prices have pushed that back probably until at least next summer or fall.