Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artalvar55

Cache : Stored Tiles

Hi all: I just have a question in regards to "previuos" tiles or Cache area: I've being "saving" all my tiles and they are stored in an external drive and I am not concern if the area keeps growing.Currently larger than 1GB. Some areas that I've flown in, have excellent images and some others, not as good. In any event, I saved them all. My only concern is : If I already have a "high quality" tile (specific area) stored (Cache) and if I fly back into the area while using TP, will tilproxy USE the one I already have STORED on the Cache area or would it automatically replaced the tile with a new tile regardless of the quality or resolution ?? I am asking that question becasue I have noticed that some times my Internet speed varies and it affects the "speed" of getting the area' tiles and not being displayed right away. I have solved it by re-generating the scenary DB (FSX - Scenary - "rebuild the data base") and allowing some additional time for "tileproxy" to complete collecting and displaying them : one or two minutes will do it and the resolution of my sceney improves and after that, I'll keep on flying (normally only VFR). My objective is: to use the "highest quality tile" collected previuosly and stored in CACHE area, so if I want to fly back into the area, I don't need to keep on "pausing" the system to re-generate the scenary FSX DB every time. Am I right on my approach or am I missing something else ? Thanks and regards, Art

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!