Hi Jim!ASE is a utility I simply can't fly without but I've mainly used it in FS9. I recently started using FSX too in order to fly low'n slow and haven't experienced any problems using ASE. Now with the release of the PMDG 737NGX I picked her up to do a VATSIM flight yesterday flying KLAX-KORD on FL370. So ASE provided the weather and everything went sweet until perhaps 30 min into the flight. I had a tailwind of 45 knots (and was obviously flying over land) and flew on AP when all the sudden the aircraft started banking hard to the left. The AP got it back on track and then we went rrriiiiight and at several occasions flying 90 degrees away from the track. The pitch also went up and down but not as badly. I tried to fly it in Heading SEL mode with the same result. I tried switching off the AP but it was simply impossible to fly straight and level manually too! When I closed down ASE all the problems went away. As I approached KORD and started to descent I figured I'd check if the problems would return at lower altitudes too but as I tried to start up ASE again, FSX froze (which I don't think was related to ASE but just FSX showing its ugly face). Since I don't have any experience from flying high in FSX with ASE and advanced aircraft add-ons, is this something that can be remedied with a setting or what might be the culprit?! I don't recall the version number of ASE but I re-installed the computer last winter with the version of ASE that was the latest back then. I did look in your forum but unless I'm totally blind I couldn't find anything related to my issues! Take care,KristerFinland Edit: the topic name is a bit short and misleading- forgot to edit it before I published...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi, It's the S-Turn issue. A search here or at PMDG using that term will show more results. Please follow the suggestions in the ASE Readme.txt file or some of the suggestions here or at the PMDG forum!

Thanks Jim! I had a vague idea of problems with s-turns but a search with the forum search function never produced a single topic regarding them. Now I noticed that when I search for "s-turn" the search term is changed to "sturn" by Firefox, Chrome and Explorer! :D The only one I found when browsing through their forum had nothing to do with my problem! You don't think you could so kind and just provide with me a link to a topic where it's discussed! I'd appreaciate it greatly!Aha, found this thread now: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344141-lnav-chasing-at-cruise-wind30kts/ /Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Yes, that is one of the more recent topics on this. That along with the ASE document should give you enough information.