Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gliderdriver

ShaderMod3 woes - how to slow down waves?

When I manually install shadermod3 and rebuild the cache, the sea moves far too quickly, like a fast running stream or river. Why is that please? Is there a fix? As an ATI user I'd like to use ShaderMod3, as it is supposed to have performance benefits, but the appearance of the waves moving at such speed is unbearable. Many thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

NB: To slow down the waves.... just make this:- <fTimeScale2>-0.001</fTimeScale2> the last line in each of the Shader20 sections. This figure determines the apparent wave speed across a bay, sea, river, etc..

Thank you Paul, that I've done and it's much better. I just wonder why the Shader mod has that rate of flow by default. Is it because you can't see the waves at 30000'? Phil

I don't know, mate. It's what ******* supplied, and it was the one he uses apparently. Caused an awful lot of questions like yours, and i actually deleted the darned thing altogether until I learned. The problem I have with it, is that his instruction isn't complete enough, it's in several different locations, and it's spread over about 40 posts. He explains two or three lines in the instructions, but never mentions the other parameters, and in at least two posts there are contradictions....