Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Install/Activation Issue?

Hello Jim Quite literally JUST out of hospital after brain surgery (if doc new I was up and doing this, he'd go nuts!). Whilst 'out of commission', my wife bought ASE for me!! I can't do much yet, but I must say, it looks very nice indeed. Don't think I've used your kit since well before FSX release. However, it seems I may have err... 'broken it' already. Initially, I installed and activated ASE on my main FSX PC. I later decided to run it on my networked PC instead, so installed and activated there. To try out some settings and, without too much thought (not much of that yetLOL.gif ), I launched ASE again on the main PC. It asked again for activation, which was successful. Now, when I try to launch ASE, once again on the networked PC, it fails to start, showing a basic WindowsXP error: 'ASE has encountered a problem and needs to close' (no error number). I'm guessing I've probably breached activation rules or the like, causing the this? Apologies if so. No doubt once sorted, I'll stick to running it on the networked PC. Please let me know what I should now do, in order to get ASE running again on networked PC... Uninstall from FSX PC? Uninstall from both, and start again? Sorry for rambling, still more than a little 'foggy' of mindYawn.gif

Hi Phil, Read that you were going under the knife again. Just do a uninstall/re-install on the client. After the un-install there are still going to be 2 ASE folders left behind that you need to manually delete. Then re-install. Leave the server install in place for now, but don't switch between the 2 because that is going to cause re-activations.

Thnaks Jim - will do. Ever the worker you... never expected a reply THAT quick on a Sunday.

All sorted on the networked PC - thanks Jim. Should I now uninstall on main FSX PC? Also, just a note... The download section on the HiFi website states that for the: "Upgrade Installer ASA -> ASE (You will need to apply SP3 on top of this upgrade)" The 'readme' in the download however, states that:" ASA MUST BE INSTALLED AND UPDATED TO SP1 OR LATER TO RUN THIS UPGRADE"Unless my brain is even more 'addled' than I think, something's wrong there?

Hi Phil, Yes, uninstall. remembering to also do the manual deletions. No, just kind of confusing. ASA must be SP1 for the ASE free update to install. Then ASE should be updated to SP3 which was just released in the past week. So a possible 4 step process: ASA, ASA SP1, ASE Upgrade, ASE SP3. Lots to do today---- people want Irene working correctly, SP3 released, and work starting at this time of year, keeps me busy and it's best to stay up to date as much as possible!