Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

airnews

Painting help

Hi everyone, I've been trying my hand at a couple of paints and making decent progress though I have two questions: 1.) How do you deal with the wing decal .psd? I can't seem to get it to produce the registration that i'm painting. 2.) This is more of a question for Pete, What is the font being used for the Kulula name on the tail of the Flying 101 paint. I'm trying to paint a couple of the other Kulula birds. Thanks all :)

Best regards,

Greg Palmer

Core I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz, Asus P8P67, EK HF, Antec 900W HCG PSU, NZXT Phantom - White, Mushkin 4x4GB DDR-3 1333Mhz, WD 640Gb SATA3, EVGA GTX 580 SC 1.5Gb @ 900/1800/2100, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

1. select font and color and arrange on decal using the layer 1 copy 7 as a guide (Not an elegant name ;-). You'll need to flip the registration horizontally during this alignment phase. You then select the font layer with your magic wand and select inverse so just the font is selected. Now go to the Channels layer and select the Alpha 1 layer and fill with white. Flatten, flip the entire texture vertically then export to your livery folder. 2. No font used. This was hand drawn. Good Luck! Pete Mac PaintPMDG Graphic Designer

Thanks Pete!

Best regards,

Greg Palmer

Core I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz, Asus P8P67, EK HF, Antec 900W HCG PSU, NZXT Phantom - White, Mushkin 4x4GB DDR-3 1333Mhz, WD 640Gb SATA3, EVGA GTX 580 SC 1.5Gb @ 900/1800/2100, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.