Sign in to follow this  
Avroboeing

NZQN

Hi guys, Has anyone worked out how to create the approach into ZQN that can be inserted into the FMC for the NGX? (I'm referring to the VOR/DME Approaches and not the RNAV Procedures). Ashley Frew.

I'm working on trying to convert an existing SIDSTAR file for NZQN for the fs9 737NG, but there are issues. It looks like some of the commands are either not supported (yet) or that the syntax has changed. The creator of the current file doesn't have the NGX, so I'm hoping for his permission to update and fix his file to get things working. The problem with the approaches is that they use a number of custom waypoints that don't exist in the navdata cycles used, and that a few of the commands are not (yet) supported, for example ARC turns on a waypoint. Another post on this forum has a reply that seems to indicate that these are forthcoming in a future service pack. just search on NZQN and you should find that post as well. I'll try to keep this issue updated on this forum. Niels Albers

Cheers for the update mate. I would've thought that they'd have the VOR Approaches at least. Evidently not. Thanks! Ashley Frew.

Quick Update: I'm now testing what seems to be a working version of the RNAV approaches and SID's. I still have to troubleshoot the VOR approaches, even without the ARC transitions they are still causing the FMC to fail when showing the APP page. If I can figure out what the problem is, I'll see if I can simulate the ARC transitions with fixed waypoints on the DME ARC. Anybody who wants to help me troubleshoot the RNAV approaches by flying them drop me a note and I'll mail the file.

Quick Update: I'm now testing what seems to be a working version of the RNAV approaches and SID's. I still have to troubleshoot the VOR approaches, even without the ARC transitions they are still causing the FMC to fail when showing the APP page. If I can figure out what the problem is, I'll see if I can simulate the ARC transitions with fixed waypoints on the DME ARC. Anybody who wants to help me troubleshoot the RNAV approaches by flying them drop me a note and I'll mail the file.
How did you sort out that issue with the custom waypoints in the nav data cycle?

You mean the COLOCATED fixes that wouldn't load? I had a good friend of mine who's also handy with navigation calculations whip up a program to convert them to LATLON fixes. And I was working from a file that was made for the old FS9 737 NG that already contained all the custom fixes in the approach procedures. That file has been available from VATSIM NZ for a while now. Most of what i've done is track down which bits were causing the file to fail in the NGX and figure out workarounds for them.