Sign in to follow this  
Garuda.1

Processor increase fps?

Hi guys,i was asking,if i change my actual core duo 2.50 Ghz with a core i5 3.3 Ghz sandy bridge,it make the difference with the fps performance in high fsx settings??My computer specs are GPU:ati radeon hd 5470Ram 4 GBActually my NGX runs pretty smooth on my system, but with low settings May you help me??Regards

Yes. If you can, absolutely upgrade to the SB chip. It's the best that money can buy (imho) right now. The i5 (2500K) has the same specs as the i7 (2600K) SB...the only difference being the i7 SB has Hyper Threading which I don't believe FSX utilizes anyway. For the money, the i5 (must be the 2500K for overclocking) is the best you can get for the money and it will easily overclock safely with proper cooling to 4+ gHz. From the CPU you have now, you will see a significant increase in performance. Adam

2500k is definitely the way to go for fsx. Make sure the motherboard is p67 or z68. I'd highly recommend 6gb or 8gb ram as well and 64-bit os if you're not already running it. (on my phone so I can't see signatures)

i will buy it for shure!!but i have got to spend a little bit more money for the ram,the corsair i think..aniway,thanks for the helpfull answers!!!Regards

Yes i5 Sandy bridge is the best there is for the money when FSX. (i7 more expensive) But if you are a gamer also, then go for the i7 Sandy Bridge, since it have HT andthat are helpfull in other games. The HT can be disabled in Bios if you wish for FSXand that will decrease the CPU temp a little also. / Leffe

@ MrKen: p67 and z68 are the chipset??because mine are p35/g33/g31...should i change also the motherboardShocked.gif!?!?!?a loooooooooooooooooot of moneyMoney Eyes.gif i hoped to succeed in getting by buying only the CPU... but it is not this way

@ MrKen: p67 and z68 are the chipset??because mine are p35/g33/g31...should i change also the motherboardShocked.gif!?!?!?a loooooooooooooooooot of moneyMoney Eyes.gif i hoped to succeed in getting by buying only the CPU... but it is not this way
2500k uses the 1155 socket, so you will need a new motherboard. You can get a decent ASUS p67 board for about $130-150 usd, it costs less than the CPU at any rate.