Sign in to follow this  
Godfrey

Does Repeating Segments of a flight cause problems for the NGX?

Hey fellow Capts/FOs, I would appreciate some input on this if you have had this experience. What I'm speaking of is an FSX crash after (a) running repeated replays of a Great landing( using FSRecorder of course,) or (:( reflying an approach and landing using the "slew" mode in FSX to reset after each landing.I have run a few replays of my 'brilliant/not so brilliant' landings and, after so doing for three or four times, FSX crashed. Now, last night I made a great landing using ILS Rwy19 at EHAM and decided that I would repeat said landing manually (No AP ) so what I did was to 'slew' a few miles away from the Rwy thresh hold at an altitude of 1500ft and speed set at aprox. 145kias for the landing weight of the aircraft.(I had paused the sim before going into slew mode) Upon resuming the aircraft was a wee bit erratic, but quickly settled down and I was able to continue with my manual approach and landing. I repeated this twice with no problems and, on the third try, FSX crashed, similar to when I watched the replays a number of times.Has any of you guys ever experienced this and, if so, what is causing this, if you know ? GodfreyGcool.png

i have given up finding out what fsx will make crash. sometimes if i do 4 flights in a roll everything is fine and on the 5th CTD. sometimes i can only do 2 flights. but normally the first flight is without any problems. so after every flight i shut down fsx and ase and start over again. same with saved flights or replays sometimes it works sometimes not. at least for me. tarik

Has anyone experienced anything like this ? Repeated replays of eg: a landing ? or slewing to practice approach and landing ? I don't see why doing a few of those would crash FSX as I've never seen it happen with other crafts before.PMDG personel, maybe you can give me a clue as to what may be causing this? I have not seen anything in the manual directing us not to slew, and I find it an easy way to set up and practice manual approaches and landing; am I missing some info here ? Thanks guys, GodfreyGcool.png