Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ustyva

Crew oxigen

Hi all, I have a question about the oxigen bottles. How do I know the type of installed bottle, 39, 76 or 114 cu" and how should it be refilled if the quantity drops below required value. I now have 1630 psi. If it is in a 76 size bottle, this is enough for a 3 man crew, but in a 39 cu" it isn't. Cheers! (ps, the fact that I can bother you with this level of question automatically implies that the NGX is the most incredible add on ever build! thanks again!)

Hi all, I have a question about the oxigen bottles. How do I know the type of installed bottle, 39, 76 or 114 cu" and how should it be refilled if the quantity drops below required value. I now have 1630 psi. If it is in a 76 size bottle, this is enough for a 3 man crew, but in a 39 cu" it isn't. Cheers! (ps, the fact that I can bother you with this level of question automatically implies that the NGX is the most incredible add on ever build! thanks again!)
NGs fitted with either 76 cu.ft or 114 cu.ft bottles. The information is usually found in the MEL/DDG. 737oxygen.jpg The usage rate depends upon what mode the mask regulators are in (Normal/100% or Emergency), the cabin altitude and the pilot using the mask (some breath deeper than others!) The FAA requires that all pilots flying their aircraft above 12,500 feet for 30 minutes or longer or at 14,000 feet or above during the entire flight must use supplemental oxygen. The amount required is 1 liter of oxygen per minute for every 10,000 feet. For example, at 18,000 feet there should be a flow of 1.8 liters per minute of oxygen available via a standard breathing device. REF: http://www.pprune.or...gen-737-ng.html

Usually on our planes there is a placard showing the bottle installed, the placard is near the pressure gauge. It is also present on the quick reference paper stowed on the paper holder on the glareshield.In the NGX I never checked either qty or type as it is a bit useless :). Is the oxy usage simulated? Or maybe it is only simulated as a service failure?