Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Fans and Cooler Pump connections on MB - Confused

Hi, I am putting together my new system and am confused with the corsair H70 fan and pump connections and also the case fans and where to plug them in.The H70 and the H70 fans all have 3 pin connections and the case fans too, but they came with the 3 pin on top of an old type power adapter that I remember from way back, but cant remember what they call them. I remember seeing them for connections to the old hard drives. It doesnt seem like I can use the big connectors as my corsair 750w PS does not have that type nor is there that type of connection on the MB, so I guess I must use the 3 pin connectors on all of my fans. My MB is an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 and the PS is a Corsair enthusiast 750watt. The H70 fans (2) have a Y connector to allow using 1 connection on the MB but I wanted to be careful not to overload the connection by plugging both on to one fan connection. I have always just run all fans at 100% speed since I only use the computer for running FSX and always seemed to me to be a good choice as the noise never bothered me. I also would like to run the H70 pump full power all the time also. I have been doing some searching but after reading some posts, I am more confused that when I started. Any help would be very much appreciated. RegardsBob

Use the 3 pin chassis and power fan connectors on the motherboard. You also should have on your mobo a 4 pin CPU power connector that would normally take the CPU cooler.

Plug the pump into one of the chassis or power fan headers and run it at full speed. Plug the fans into the CPU fan header using the splitter. Then go into the BIOS and make sure the header your pump is plugged into is set to run at full speed. Set up a fan profile for the CPU fan header. You can plug a 3 pin fan into a 4 pin header and two fans should be perfectly fine on a single header so long as the fans are less than 0.5A each.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here