Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparrow8BD

Aspire 7520 fsx problem

hi, i have fsx installed on my Aspire 7520 and am getting HORRIBLE frames. barely 3 fps. this makes no sense because my old laptop can run fsx with 20-30fps. SPECSNEW LAPTOPCPU:AMD 64 X2 2.1 GHzVideo:Nvidia 7000m / nforce 610 1 GB shared, 256mb dedicatedRAM:2GBOS:Win7 Ultimate (This laptop was designed for Vista) OLD LAPTOPCPU:Intel Pentium M (I KNOW OLD!)Video:Intel 915 GM/GMS Express 96mbRAM:2GBOS:WinXP this doesnt quite add up to me. my new laptop cant run at all. this makes no sense. NOTE: I am also using absolue MINIMUM settings on New laptop vs. Medium settings on OLD laptop.

Guest firehawk44
hi, i have fsx installed on my Aspire 7520 and am getting HORRIBLE frames. barely 3 fps. this makes no sense because my old laptop can run fsx with 20-30fps. SPECSNEW LAPTOPCPU:AMD 64 X2 2.1 GHzVideo:Nvidia 7000m / nforce 610 1 GB shared, 256mb dedicatedRAM:2GBOS:Win7 Ultimate (This laptop was designed for Vista) OLD LAPTOPCPU:Intel Pentium M (I KNOW OLD!)Video:Intel 915 GM/GMS Express 96mbRAM:2GBOS:WinXP this doesnt quite add up to me. my new laptop cant run at all. this makes no sense. NOTE: I am also using absolue MINIMUM settings on New laptop vs. Medium settings on OLD laptop.
It's an old suggestion, but since you're relatively new here on AVSIM with 4 posts, I suggest you set up your laptop using the recommendations from Nick N. at http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic29041.html . Do you have the 64 bit version of Win7 or the 32 bit. The 64 bit handles memory much better. The 32 bit version will require a memory switch which is discussed in detail at the link I provided. Best regards,Jim

i know this is my second post and all, but the vista ultimate will chew a lot of that dedicated ram. especially when you meant to be running vista. try game booster v3.0, upon commencing it will shut everything down on win7 and just run the program you click, meaning all the ram will be used just for that programme. it boosted my system from about 10-15 FPS to a good 30+. ben

Couple of things to think about. Your old laptop was not AA capable. If the new one has an AA setting for the GPU, you'll have to turn it off to get better performance. Also, if this is an upgrade version of windows....? I've just never had good luck with upgrades, rather then a full new OS. Bob