Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

perfect virtual cockpit

Guest jona

Hi all ,Since 3 days i`m the proud owner of a TRACKIR/2.This little device is simply awsome !!!!! To allflightsimmers please please get yourself one !! your flightsim experience will never be the same again.But this is not the question...because using the virtual cockpit becomes standard procedure the quest for the best VC begins.I`m a great fan and user of the Captainsim 727 and although the 2d cockpit is fantastic the virtual cockpit is well oke at best.So here it is.... what is the best and highest detailed virtual cockpit around and where can i get it.thanks and happy huntingJONA

Guest vas_yan

A320 PIC by WILCO is probably the best airliner virtual cockpit but check their forum first because apparently there are various bugs and problems with the product.However, if you want to take the most out of TRACKIR there's only one option IMHO, RealAir SF.260. Freely panning around in the middle of a Hammerhead sure sounds like a lot of fun!Kind regards,

Guest jason2112

There are some payware GA planes that have extremely good virtual cockpits: my favorite is the SF.260 by RealAir Simulations as well, but the Dreamfleet Cessna 310 and FSD Porter are other examples of highly realistic and very good looking virtual cockpits.In the airliner section I have to mention the PMDG 737NG. I normally fly this plane from the 2D panel, but the VC is very nicely done, and readability is good as well!Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

I'm with volker on the PMDG- feels like you're in a 737 and nearly every switch is clickable. I'd also suggest the flight1 meridian (love that plane!). The eaglesoft biz jets have nice VCs too.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Another vote for the Meridian and Eaglesoft. I love the Beechjet's VC. You may wait for the Citation X that's due out soon I hear!

Guest retard_retard_retard

*Payware*1: PMDG 737..........clear winner.2: Captainsim 7273: Dreamfleet C3104: A320 PIC5: Breifing time B-25*Freeware*1: Anatov AN-242: PM2 Concorde3: Kirk Olssenn's F164: Default 744.........sorry i think it's great!5: Tupolev 154

Guest KFD

Both cockpits of Captain Sim F104. Especially good with active camera to zoom and pan aroundKFD

Guest product

I would add Carenado's 210 Centurion to the list- even better than many of the others mentioned for realism and immersion factor in GA aircraft. Those guys are absolute wizards with textures and reflections. Also, as mentioned above, the F-104 from Captain Sim sets a new standard in my opinion.I have the TrackIR 1 and also love it, only wish it would work with Active Camera's internal views so that turbulence and head latency could be combined with great visibility... right now you have to turn off Active Camera to enjoy TrackIR within the VC.Best,Joel