Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

GEX/UTX combo question

i have GEX north america and will be getting UTX canada. does it matter that GEX is already installed first? also....i have Orbx PNW and NRM. where do i place UTX in my scenery library relative to those 2 items? any other things to consider about the installation? thanks..................Bill

Guest jahman

GEX is ground textures while UTX is landclass. FSX uses landclass to determine what type of ground texture tiles to place where. So while textures and landclass work together, they are independent of each other in terms of installation. ORBX products include both ground textures and landclass (as well as the elevation map). To render scenery, FSX will always use the highest available resolution scenery. When more than one source of scenery is available in the library at the same resolution, then FSX will use the one listed first (top-down order). So if you have an area of the U.S. with both GEX + UTX and also with ORBX, make sure the one you want to use is listed first. Cheers, - jahman.

It has been well documented that you use FTX Central to turn off FTX when in a non orbx area. You don't need to muck about with the scenery libary when using FTX, UTX. Just make sure UTX is below all your addon airports.Go to UTX & GEX forum for further information.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.