Sign in to follow this  
Renaud972

Surfaces when hydraulics "off" ?

Hello all ! What is expected from the NGX when the hydraulics are off ? I mean, for example, with the PMDG 747, all the ailerons fall down, and the rudder moves with the wind. With the NGX, even when I cut off the hydraulics switches, nothing happens, so I suppose this does not occur with this plane. Any advice ? Renaud

The 737 has flight controls linked by cables to the control column, hydraulics are only used to reduce force made by pilots.A bit diffeent is the rudder that is moved by 3 hyd systems. when all 3 are off the rudder is unpored and the hyd return lines from the actuator are opened so the rudder will move with wind.The ngx appears to be not correctly simulated with hyd off as you can still move all the flight contrpl but for a very limited travel.It is possible that pmdg tried to simulate how hard is the manual reversion, but rudder in stby hydraulic power (A and/or B sys off) is fully functional and if you lose the stby system it musr not work. So definetly there is something wrong, but only in npt normal conditions.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Andrea - you're probably the right person to ask - during manual reversion, I suppose full control travel is still possible? Of course without PCU assistance, but still. Moving the yoke should move the PCUs so I guess control travel would still be unchanged, right? I tried this on ground with hydraulics off but I forgot to look at the controls back then or forgot to ask someone outside the aircraft to check them. The only thing I remember is that it was two of us yanking the yoke at the same time... LOL LMAO.gifsig.gif

NG show you the movement of the flight control, so you can check the indication on the lower DU.Maybe it is close to 100%

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Yeah I forgot that too. OTOH I don't really remember if the plane was powered by that very time. LOL LMAO.gif Ok so it seems to be what I supposed, as it only makes sense. Well moving the PCU takes a bit of the movement as you need to hit the hardware stops on its outside housing, but that shouldn't be much. Thanks! sig.gif