Sign in to follow this  
bobw737

badderjet - The Artistic Aviator

Badderjet A short while ago I asked if anyone could do a paint job of D-ATUE. You agreed with me what a fantastic livery it was. I believe you had never done any re-paints of any aircraft at that time, but decided to give it a go. Not only did you produce a first class job of ICE, but you went the extra 10 miles with all the other TUI's etc. as well! What more can I say, - on behalf of myself and the NGX community, well done badderjet and many thanks. Kind regards Bob Cornish Peninsula - UK

Great thanks, I appreciate it very much! I hope you enjoy flying them. There are some that I like more, some I like less. The worst one is probably -FM (see readme), because the right hand side mapping is screwed up quite a bit. I consider this one "WIP", sort of. Funnily enough, there's some other forum where people already complain about "jagged edges". To me this sounds way more like wrong AA configuration and not a texture issue. I can't help but I think the textures themselves have been created to be as crisp as possible, plus many of the more complex parts have been created from scratch just to gain maximum sharpness and resolution. If that's really a problem, them I'm lost here. I wouldn't know why anyone would not want that haha LMAO.gif Guess there's just no pleasing everyone. Otherwise, if there are "serious" problems or mistakes don't hesitate to let me know. However, don't forget the dozens of people that produce all those other fine paints from all over the globe every day, and check out that pinned thread up there at the top. It's worth a read! And growing pretty much every day, offering something for everyone. Many more to come. Regards sig.gif

Great thanks, I appreciate it very much! I hope you enjoy flying them. There are some that I like more, some I like less. The worst one is probably -FM (see readme), because the right hand side mapping is screwed up quite a bit. I consider this one "WIP", sort of. Funnily enough, there's some other forum where people already complain about "jagged edges". To me this sounds way more like wrong AA configuration and not a texture issue. I can't help but I think the textures themselves have been created to be as crisp as possible, plus many of the more complex parts have been created from scratch just to gain maximum sharpness and resolution. If that's really a problem, them I'm lost here. I wouldn't know why anyone would not want that haha LMAO.gif Guess there's just no pleasing everyone. Otherwise, if there are "serious" problems or mistakes don't hesitate to let me know. However, don't forget the dozens of people that produce all those other fine paints from all over the globe every day, and check out that pinned thread up there at the top. It's worth a read! And growing pretty much every day, offering something for everyone. Many more to come. Regards sig.gif
Did you add mips to the textures? That's the cause most of the time. :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Are you talking about the seams many are experiencing? I don't think that's the issue here, because they're talking about jagged edges. And no, I'm not mipmapping anything... wink.pngsig.gif