Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

airliner_75

HDMI Input - TV screen flickers while FSX running

Hi, I connected the 10m length HDMI cable to my TV. When I start FSX it starts to flicker. Sometimes more often. Maybe once every minute. Sometimes almost every 10second.Have you experianced it? If yes, please help.That happens only when running FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi mate, it shouldn't happen. A good HDMI cable properly connected to the TV at 1080p works super.I have done quite a bit of testing with that configuration HDMI to TV with FSX/FS9 and here's what I've found.It may be related or not to your problem I don't know...1. check your hdmi cable; particularly for length greater than 6 feet. There's quality in the cables: cable gauge is important.2. check to make sure the HDMI connector is well connected. (seated) These connectors have no locks or screws to keep them thight and that will affect the output.3. check your video driver resolution and v.sync so they match with TV resolution.Hope it helps,Pierre

4. next, go into FSX > Display settings, and set your FSX resolution to the same as the desktop and TV. Ron.