Sign in to follow this  
Timeerror

Manual waypoint entry - descent page

Hi, I have a short question: For planing my descent I am used to load a waypoint manualy 40nm away from the aiport/rwy with the following constraints: 240/10000. In general I would like to descent to this waypoint with a descent rate of 1500v/s. To do this, I am used to load this waypoint on the decent page (I thinK: R3). When the v/s rate shows 1500, I initiate the descent. However, during cruise it is not possible for me to load a waypoint manualy on the NGX. The question is why? Thank you for your answers. Markus

It is possible to enter different kind of waypoints at any stage of flight. I was playing with this yesterday. Have a look at this. Maybe it will help. http://forum.avsim.n...oints-tutorial/ Shows different ways of doing it in this thread. Regards Hmm just noticed you are specificaly talkng about the decent page. Should have read more carefully. I will have a look at this later if I can myself.

Edited by jazz69

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Thank you for your answer. The problem is not the way how to enter custom waypoints in the Leg page. The problem is a manual waypoint entry on the decent page. This is different issue. But thank you for your answer. Markus

According to documentation you 'll see calculated V/S (and FPA and V/cool.png during the DES phase ONLY. Note that this entry assumes a direct line between the aircraft position and the waypoint position and does NOT take into account flightplan track miles --- in bigger Boeings this is sort of similar to OFFPATH DESCEND. It also does not take into account altitude restrictions and other speed restrictions. Accordingly it is a very very bad guide for descend planning. PS. Your 1500 fpm style to 240/10000 is not exactly the best way to fly properly <cough>...

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Hi, thank you for your clear answer. I know, that my descent style is ... unusal, but I was just wondering, whether this is possible. But thank you for your clear answer