Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mottoth2

ASv6.5: "Error Initializing - Check your INI file"

Hi, I run ASv6.5 (currently build 554, SU3 installed) since a long time with no problem, but since yesterday I have that msg on startup: "Error Initializing - Check your INI file". Them ASV freezes most of the time, displaying "main thread error" (whether FS9 is started or not) and whenever I try to download current or historical weather I get a win XP 'incorrect filename' or 'incorrect path' error and the program crashes. Yesterday I was suspecting a corrupted ini file following an HDD defragmentation, so I ran ASV installer to 'repair' the installation, and then it went OK. But today the issue is reappearing, and my ini file looks OK.I can see one other forumer having the same issue: http://forum.avsim.n...r-initializing/ Thanks for looking at this issue.

Hi, The linked issue is not the same as yours. The linked issue is because his AS is not up to date. Your situation is that you may have a corrupt file. I suggest uninstalling AS and re-installing and then see what happens.

I suddenly got the same problem. I dont really believe in a reinstall.I didnt have that problem before and I wonder if its due to a corrupt file.Before I do the reinstall I would like to hear from other users, if anyone of you have the same problem

Hello, please contact our official support help desk from http://www.hifitechinc.com and we'll look into any issues in detail. The existing issues mentioned are different, but one pertains to an old version and one to a potential corrupt station database file which a re-install should fix. We don't have the ability to fix a corrupt file, but a re-install will do this. Same goes for anyone having any trouble, please contact our help desk and we will get you up and running ASAP. Thanks!