Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiwiflyer45

RAZBAM Sale

I don't yet own any of their products so I can't comment on quality but RAZBAM are currently selling all their products for $5 (US) each. Most are FSX only but there are some FS9. On Simmarket they are charging 5 Euros but if you go to the RAZBAM site it's $5.... I've been curious about a couple of their products but never took the plunge, but at $5 what's to lose? If we get lucky, maybe some of the other developers will try to match them and we will all be in FS heaven! Money Eyes.gifIan

Their Banshee is pretty good; I picked it up during the sale. Great choice for carrier ops!

John G.

So far I've tried the A4 and A1 Skyraider. I'm trying to tweak the A4 - it's an old model and shows it but for $5 it's okay. The Skyraider is very nice. What do you think of the VC and instrumentation in the Banshee? (Wish it was an F9F Panther - such an elegant looking airplane of the same era!)Ian

I quite like the Banshee, including the VC, although the gauge refresh rate could be better. I'm a sucker for jets of that vintage, and this one lived up to my expectations nicely.

John G.

I have now purchased the A-4 Skyhawk, the A-1 Skyraider and the A-6 Intruder. I have to say than I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for any of them as I would have been very frustrated. Of the three I think the Skyraider is the only one that I would recommend and will probably keep in my hangar. In all fairness, the A-4 is a really old model and just isn't up to snuff in any respect - but at $5 it's okay and I'm hoping it will work as an AI aircraft. The A-6 is incredibly disappointing as it got a pretty good review on AVSIM. In the FSX version it might live up to expectations but in FS9 almost nothing in the cockpit is functional other than the absolute basics in spite of what the manual claims. The sound is good and it handles nicely... The A-1 is fun to fly. I wish I had tried the Banshee as it sounds like it might be the best of the bunch but I'm pretty leery about trying any more, even at only $5. One positive thing I should mention is that you do get an amazing range of variants of each aircraft and although the external models are not fantastic, they're not bad and some are very colorful and interesting. One other positive thing is that all of them are very easy on frame rates. At $5 each, there's nothing much to complain of - you can have some fun and each one has some distinctive elements. But don't get your hopes up - none of these is even close to what we would normally think of as payware quality today.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now